Low powered Hackintosh

Stoinberg

Will this build be somewhat reasonable for a person that uses his computer lightly (web browsing and word processing, watching some YouTube videos, viewing pictures?)

This person wants OSX installed on their computer so I must be careful which part I choose right?

CPU: Intel Core i3-4170 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($114.87 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock H97M-ITX/AC Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($72.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($43.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($46.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($18.75 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $385.35
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-19 09:43 EDT-0400

lol, an asrock board in a hackintosh

Gigabyte boards only matey. You don't want to be messing around with Clover (or DSDTs) and Gigabyte tends to be the best for compatibility.

Also, Z97M-D3H is the one that's recommended by Tonymac

Also, I'd swerve a hard drive, get a single 60GB SSD instead. Cheaper that way too.

aUVlYZT.gif

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

The main thing that you need to watch for is the CPU (Intel one) and the motherboard, preferrably a Gigabyte one but some newer ASUS ones work just fine as well.

Other than that, the PSU, coolers, case, hard drives and other components don't have an impact on a Hackintosh, so it's just another build.

lol, an asrock board in a hackintosh

Gigabyte boards only matey.

Also, Z97M-D3H is the one that's recommended by Tonymac

Also, I'd swerve a hard drive, get a single 60GB SSD instead. Cheaper that way too.

Then why also other brands are reccomended by Tonymac even though he used only Gigabyte motherboards? 

Then why also other brands are reccomended by Tonymac even though he used only Gigabyte motherboards? 

Because it is possible to get it up and running with those boards, just that you have to use Clover or custom DSDTs for some of them.

Moral of the story: Gigabyte's king for hackintoshes. My GA-Z77-D3H is still up and running with Hackintosh DSDT-free, it literally only needs three kexts in order for it to work. That is the Gigabyte way.

aUVlYZT.gif

Haha, for now if I understood correctly if I already have a mac osx is free while windows has a cost. Then I like the challenge of building a hackintosh to gain experience, I might learn something useful. The person I am building it for just wants soo yeah

Haha, for now if I understood correctly if I already have a mac osx is free while windows has a cost. Then I like the challenge of building a hackintosh to gain experience, I might learn something useful. The person I am building it for just wants soo yeah

I withdraw my meme then.

Also, are you rich?!

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

I withdraw my meme then.

Also, are you rich?!

no, it's funny, after I built my first pc alone at 15 yrs old my dad wouldn't stop making publicity to his friends (like 40-50 yrs old), I do computer builds for them, (not too expensive) this hackintosh request just came when I was thinking about doing one

Because it is possible to get it up and running with those boards, just that you have to use Clover or custom DSDTs for some of them.

Moral of the story: Gigabyte's king for hackintoshes. My GA-Z77-D3H is still up and running with Hackintosh DSDT-free, it literally only needs three kexts in order for it to work. That is the Gigabyte way.

Thanks for the advice!

no, it's funny, after I built my first pc alone at 15 yrs old my dad wouldn't stop making publicity to his friends (like 40-50 yrs old), I do computer builds for them, (not too expensive) this hackintosh request just came when I was thinking about doing one

Ahh right, fair enough. Haha

its funny i had nothing but problems on a gigabyte board , swapped it out for an asrock and it worked flawlessly, no messing around with patched dsdt or anything, neither am i using clover, you just update the bios via the bios , load optimal settings and then follow the guide on tonymac, and if you get stuck -
boot flag -x -v maxmem=8096 dart=0 (where the 8 represents the amount of ram you have, so if you have 4gb of ram put 4096), hope that helps