Low FPS and Micro stutters after holiday

heronsafc

I have just been on holiday for a month. Before I left my computer was running great. For example, I had been playing a lot of The Witcher 3 which had been running without any hitches at 60 FPS on near ultra at 1080p. My computer was then not touched for a month and I have come back to it. I updated all the drivers then went to play The Witcher 3 and experienced a much lower frame rate and very often stutters which made the game almost unplayable. These problems were the same on low and ultra settings. I then went to play Dragon Age Inquistion and Planetside 2 which had the same problems. I am utterly clueless and would appreciate any help. This is my rig http://pcpartpicker.com/user/heronsafc/saved/Bc88TW which is running Windows 8.1 64-bit.

Thanks

Can you take a screenshot of Task Manager (CPU usage) and GPU-Z (Graphics card usage) after a 5 min gaming session?

We need a bit more information to help you. Have you overclocked? And also, like @Mug said, show us your Task Manager, GPU-Z and CPU-Z after 5-10 minutes of playing FI. The Witcher.

Technology Entertainment Creativity

Technology Electricity Control

Technology Electronics Computers

Looks like the drivers you updated to might have messed up your system somehow. If you cant go back to your old drivers and you still have errors then you have a hardware of a software issue. Lets hope its a software issue.. Ok first thing i would do is reinstall windows 8.1 if you still have issues. Then install drivers and then download your games and try it out.. Let me know if you are going to go with what i said and keep me up to date for more options if this does not work ok ? 

Looks like the drivers you updated to might have messed up your system somehow. If you cant go back to your old drivers and you still have errors then you have a hardware of a software issue. Lets hope its a software issue.. Ok first thing i would do is reinstall windows 8.1 if you still have issues. Then install drivers and then download your games and try it out.. Let me know if you are going to go with what i said and keep me up to date for more options if this does not work ok ? 

Hi, thanks for replying. I will try this as soon as possible and keep you updated.

Can you take a screenshot of Task Manager (CPU usage) and GPU-Z (Graphics card usage) after a 5 min gaming session?

We need a bit more information to help you. Have you overclocked? And also, like @Mug said, show us your Task Manager, GPU-Z and CPU-Z after 5-10 minutes of playing FI. The Witcher.

Ok so this was made using Dragon Age Inquistion, I know you asked for The Witcher but I had already started sorry. I am not sure if this is what you wanted but I hope it is and also nothing in my system is overclocked right now, the CPU was about 2 months ago and was back to normal levels for a month before I went away. Thanks guys I really appreciate this.

post-146161-0-35890100-1439937468_thumb.

post-146161-0-35890100-1439937468_thumb.