AF140 Fans on a H110i GTX?

So I recently bought a Corsair H110i GTX AIO cooler for my CPU, but have yet to install it. My theme is black and red and the fans that come with the cooler are plain black and grey. I want to use AF140 fans with the red accent ring but obviously these aren't SP fans. If I used AF fans in push config, would this impact the cooling massively?

Help would be much appreciated, thanks. 

Peter.

CPU: Core i7 4790k | Mobo: Asus Z97-P | RAM: Corsair DDR3 XMS3 8GB | GPU: Gainward GTX 970 4GB |Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU: Cooler Master BII-600 | Cooling: Corsair H110i GTX | Displays: 2x Dell U2414h | Kb: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: Corsair Raptor M45 | Case: Corsair 450d Console: Xbox One Ext: DXRacer F-Series Red, Trust Tytan 2.1 Sub & Speakers, HyperX Cloud II, SCUF Infinity1 X1 Controller | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

So I recently bought a Corsair H110i GTX AIO cooler for my CPU, but have yet to install it. My theme is black and red and the fans that come with the cooler are plain black and grey. I want to use AF140 fans with the red accent ring but obviously these aren't SP fans. If I used AF fans in push config, would this impact the cooling massively?

Help would be much appreciated, thanks. 

Peter.

Yes it would be a huge negative impact in cooling performance, you can get SP fans separately if you really want the coloured rings. But I would just buy other better fans at that point.

Also, Welcome to the forum!

AF fans wouldn't hurt the temps too much (go listen to Jay if you really need to know, the guy runs AFs on all of his radiators), but I really wouldn't recommend any Corsair fans full stop. They're more looks than go.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

AF fans wouldn't hurt the temps too much (go listen to Jay if you really need to know, the guy runs AFs on all of his radiators), but I really wouldn't recommend any Corsair fans full stop. They're more looks than go.

I aggree with airflow fans on radiators. Most people haven't even seen benchmarks on pressure and airflow fans on radiators, but they claim to know that pressure optimized is the only way to got for a rad.

Jay is obviously showing the difference and that it works just fine.

To the Corsair fans: Some of them actually work pretty well. The AF140s move quite a lot of air and are pretty quiet, even at 12V. Also the SP120s are pretty well made. The AF120s on the other hand are terrible and their LED fans in general are pretty bad.

I aggree with airflow fans on radiators. Most people haven't even seen benchmarks on SP and AF fans on radiators, but they claim to know that pressure optimized is the only way to got for a rad.

Jay is obviously showing the difference and that it works just fine.

To the Corsair fans: Some of them actually work pretty well. The AF140s move quite a lot of air and are pretty quiet, even at 12V. Also the SP120s are pretty well made. The AF120s on the other hand are terrible and their LED fans in general are pretty bad.

The SP120s are nicely built, I'll give them that, but even my SP120 Quiet Editions were fairly loud. Whenever I do another upgrade to my system, I think I'm going to transition over to Fractal Design Venturi fans or something else. I need silent fans that deliver good performance without murdering my wallet.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

The SP120s are nicely built, I'll give them that, but even my SP120 Quiet Editions were fairly loud. Whenever I do another upgrade to my system, I think I'm going to transition over to Fractal Design Venturi fans or something else. I need silent fans that deliver good performance without murdering my wallet.

Either they murder your wallet or they aren't good.

I think Venturis are on the same level as Corsair fans.

Maybe the EK Vadar fans are better, but I doubt that, too.

I just tried one of the new Riing fans from Thermaltake. Not as terrible as I thought they would be, but still pretty bad. The ring looks cool tho :P

Otherwise just wait for be Quiet's Silent Wings 3. That should kill absolutly anything that is currently on the market.

Thanks for the welcome, and I very much know that the corsair fans are aesthetically marketed, but that it what I like about them, but if the AF140s will work okay, then I may go with them. This is all going in a 450d case and I think it would all match up nicely. I suppose I could put the SP fans in a pull config, but I guess that would neutralise the static pressure emphasis on them, but it would still help right?

CPU: Core i7 4790k | Mobo: Asus Z97-P | RAM: Corsair DDR3 XMS3 8GB | GPU: Gainward GTX 970 4GB |Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU: Cooler Master BII-600 | Cooling: Corsair H110i GTX | Displays: 2x Dell U2414h | Kb: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: Corsair Raptor M45 | Case: Corsair 450d Console: Xbox One Ext: DXRacer F-Series Red, Trust Tytan 2.1 Sub & Speakers, HyperX Cloud II, SCUF Infinity1 X1 Controller | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

AF140 with H110i GTX? not an ideal set up, but they will move a decent amount of air across the rad. Just make sure to run them at 12V

If you are considering push/pull config, then you might want to stick with AF140s all the way to keep the Static Pressure consistent on both ends of the radiator. And of course, it's aesthetically pleasing. 

AF140 with H110i GTX? not an ideal set up, but they will move a decent amount of air across the rad. Just make sure to run them at 12V

If you are considering push/pull config, then you might want to stick with AF140s all the way to keep the Static Pressure consistent on both ends of the radiator. And of course, it's aesthetically pleasing. 

I understand that there will be some performance lost, but compensating that with a push pull config is good enough for me, how do I make sure they run at 12v?

I understand that there will be some performance lost, but compensating that with a push pull config is good enough for me, how do I make sure they run at 12v?

Do not use the step-down adapter that's included in the package. Once you have Corsair Link Software is Installed, make sure the fans are running under Performance mode. That should run your fan at max rpm all the time. 

q

Vardar definitely are better, they have much better airflow to noise ratios, but I think a lot of people hate on Corsair's AF/SP line despite them not actually being that bad.  Apparently the Thermaltake ring fans are almost identical in performance to the Sp120's from Corsair.  I was reading a review on them from thermalbench.com and the benchmarks were super similar.

They look really nice too :D

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Vardar definitely are better, they have much better airflow to noise ratios, but I think a lot of people hate on Corsair's AF/SP line despite them not actually being that bad.  Apparently the Thermaltake ring fans are almost identical in performance to the Sp120's from Corsair.  I was reading a review on them from thermalbench.com and the benchmarks were super similar.

And the Thermaltake Riing fans are a bit quieter if I remember the benches.  Also the LEDs look rather appealing to me.  I still wouldn't put LED's all over my system, but they look good non-the-less!

Yeah, but the Riing is definitly louder. =/

I wish they would be at least quiet, so I could use them in my build. 

And the Thermaltake Riing fans are a bit quieter if I remember the benches.  Also the LEDs look rather appealing to me.  I still wouldn't put LED's all over my system, but they look good non-the-less!

They look really nice, I will look into them

can't decide if I prefer the red or white LED versions

They look really nice, I will look into them

can't decide if I prefer the red or white LED versions

I plan on getting the Corsair 450d case, adding the corsair link rgb lighting kit, so maybe the white LED fans will be more suited then I can change the lighting colour to what ever mood I see fit?