Asus Fan Extension not working on X99 Deluxe 3.1 Motherboard.

ClownFace1511

The fan extension that came with the motherboard doesn't seem to work. I plugged in the 5 pin cord to the motherboard and the card as well as a molex for power and the fans don't spin. I got rid of the 5 pin and just kept the molex and the fan still didn't spin. I was testing using one 120mm noctua industrial 3000rpm fan and got nowhere. The extension doesn't show as plugged in in the bios or in Ai Suite. Any ideas on what I could try?

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

The fan extension that came with the motherboard doesn't seem to work. I plugged in the 5 pin cord to the motherboard and the card as well as a molex for power and the fans don't spin. I got rid of the 5 pin and just kept the molex and the fan still didn't spin. I was testing using one 120mm noctua industrial 3000rpm fan and got nowhere. The extension doesn't show as plugged in in the bios or in Ai Suite. Any ideas on what I could try?

In Ai suite once you plug it in did you run the Fan Tuning, it needs to check and detect a fan before you can control it usually. Also you need to plug in the 5 pin cable, molex, and the 4 pin beside the 5 pin connector from a fan header on the motherboard:

2dax3z6.jpg

In Ai suite once you plug it in did you run the Fan Tuning, it needs to check and detect a fan before you can control it usually. Also you need to plug in the 5 pin cable, molex, and the 4 pin beside the 5 pin connector from a fan header on the motherboard:

2dax3z6.jpg

I did do fan tuning once I plugged it in and still no luck. The 4 pin next to the 5 pin is only for other motherboards that dont have the 5 pin fan ext on it. Thats what I have understood form this: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1009437/

I did do fan tuning once I plugged it in and still no luck. The 4 pin next to the 5 pin is only for other motherboards that dont have the 5 pin fan ext on it. Thats what I have understood form this: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1009437/

Is there a driver or software require since it's using a USB based connector on the Asus board if I recall correctly.

Is there a driver or software require since it's using a USB based connector on the Asus board if I recall correctly.

Its not using a USB connected its using a 5pin header which plugs into the motherboard. I looked though the drivers list and couldn't find it.

Its not using a USB connected its using a 5pin header which plugs into the motherboard. I looked though the drivers list and couldn't find it.

Ok I see it uses it's own proprietary connector, I'm not really sure TBH it seems like it's pretty straight forward, maybe contact Asus's customer support it it just doesn't work at all.

Ok I see it uses it's own proprietary connector, I'm not really sure TBH it seems like it's pretty straight forward, maybe contact Asus's customer support it it just doesn't work at all.

Yeah thats what I am thinking. Couldn't find anything on the internet about it.

Yeah thats what I am thinking. Couldn't find anything on the internet about it.

Asus's customer service is pretty good maybe see if they can send you another one of those fan board it might be a bad unit or something else that we're missing.