calculator sugestion

Guest Johnny5g

-deleted-

Desktop 1: CPU: Intel Core i7 4770  GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive  Desktop 2: CPU: Intel Pentium G3258  GPU: AMD R7 250  Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Mobo: MSI H81M-E33  PSU: Corsair CX430M  Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower

ok thanks! 

The Ti-89 Titanium I use was released in 2004... Just to give you an idea of how old we are talking. 

The next standard is going to be a Nspire CAS or newer.

System: Thinkpad T460

Ehh, 9th we did a lot of graphing. but I don't see the point in 7th. If they require one, they should probably give you one or let you use one like school supplied. 

ok thanks!

CAS CX.

ok thanks!

You don't need one for 7th grade lol

Maybe 9-10th grade. I didn't need one till 10th grade and a scientific did well till then. 

Don't buy an 89 now and expect it to still be modern by the time you need one for school and everyone has a CAS lol

It's funny my parents used ti-89's for their graduate studies. Calculator needs change extremely slowly. Most school/national standardized testing prohibits CAS calculators so getting a ti-89 titanium is never a bad idea. And honestly, it's as much as you will ever need. 

Imho there are some specfic casio models that are better and cheaper, but since everyone knows TI calculators it's way easier to get help using them than anything else.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

The Ti-89 Titanium I use was released in 2004... Just to give you an idea of how old we are talking. 

The next standard is going to be a Nspire CAS or newer.

ok thanks!

-deleted-

what did you say?  :P

Ehh, 9th we did a lot of graphing. but I don't see the point in 7th. If they require one, they should probably give you one or let you use one like school supplied. 

Most school/national standardized testing prohibits CAS calculators

My experiences are pretty similar.  They were provided by the school when I was in High School (my school was poor so we got Ti-83s) and in college, all of my math classes flat out prohibited them.  Not just during tests but we weren't allowed to bring them into the class during lectures (although you could still use them when doing homework because who on earth is going enforce that).

It's really not worth it to invest in one unless you have a legitimate real-world use for it.  You're better off waiting until you actually need one than to buy one in anticipation of eventually needing it.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

My experiences are pretty similar.  They were provided by the school when I was in High School (my school was poor so we got Ti-83s) and in college, all of my math classes flat out prohibited them.  Not just during tests but we weren't allowed to bring them into the class during lectures (although you could still use them when doing homework because who on earth is going enforce that).

It's really not worth it to invest in one unless you have a legitimate real-world use for it.  You're better off waiting until you actually need one than to buy one in anticipation of eventually needing it.

ok thanks!

I got Casio CFX-9950GB PLUS. Which is from 2004 when I started what is close to college. But basicly for advanced mathematics and physics you want graphical calculator so you can verify functions.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv