Getting Rid Of "Echo"?

I currently have an Audio Technica ATR2500 USB microphone on a boom stand that places it in front of my dual monitor setup. I have noticed a echo in recordings and  can actually hear it a bit just by talking towards monitors. My desk is currently sitting in the corner of a room and I recently put up 12 pieces of soundproofing foam to help but it hasn't seemed to do anything :/ Would anyone possibly know how to get rid of this problem? I tried placing my microphone above my monitors but my voice still "bounces" off the monitors and I also put my microphone directly next to a panel of foam but that didn't work either. I can provide pictures of my setup if need be, also I think I can scrounge up an audio clip so you can hear what I'm talking about. Thanks for the help :) --Heller

Put it closer to your mouth than it already is, and lower the mic gain? That would at least mitigate it as much as possible...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

headphones..... at least when recording.

By monitors, I'm pretty sure OP means the screens that he looks at, not monitor speakers...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Put it closer to your mouth than it already is, and lower the mic gain? That would at least mitigate it as much as possible...

I can do that but I need to get a pop filter, I used to use a thick wool sock but that muffles the recordings, and with a normal pop filter I'm afraid it would still let the sound bounce back into the mic :/

By monitors, I'm pretty sure OP means the screens that he looks at, not monitor speakers...

^^^ Yes I mean PC Screens , I do wear headphones though :P

Sounds like you could use an isolator. There are small ones too that can be rigged on the boom.

That would work but yeah, too big , also my mic stand is a cheapo $15 so I doubt it could support the weight :P

That would work but yeah, too big , also my mci stand is a cheapo $15 so I doubt it could support the weight :P

At least do a proof of concept setup by holding something with dampening properties right behind the mic. Like a thick shirt or something. :)