Do you ever get indecisive with your tech?

KWelz

For the last couple months I have been slowly building up a Mini ITX computer.   Pretty much all good parts:  MSI z97i AC, Corsair 380T case, etc.    

Today I picked up a processor while at Microcenter.   Booted up the machine, installed windows 10...  

Then looked at it and tried to figure out why I built the thing.   Not only do I not need it or have a use for it.  I can't think of a single thing I would need it for in the future.   

I even thought about Hackintoshing it to replace my aging imac but ran into issues getting that to work.  

I am actually contemplating returning the processor tomorrow and just parting the thing out to recoup the money I put into it.   

Do you ever do things like that.  Buy or build tech and then just feel let down.   Or get indecisive on what you want to build or do with a build?  It seems like Tech is the only thing I have this issue with.   

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Can't exactly be indecisive when you don't have money to throw around for tech. :D

this ^^^^^^^^^^^
Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Hah.  Fair enough.  1st World adult problems.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Hah.  Fair enough.  1st World adult problems.  

I sort of have this problem, overbuild the PC and leave the worst keyboards, mouses, and screens attached to it...I feel bad to say this but my pc is connected via VGA...my screen isn't even 1080p...

or why i need to run cat 6 cable everywhere when I only have 1mbit coming in anyway...

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

For the last couple months I have been slowly building up a Mini ITX computer.   Pretty much all good parts:  MSI z97i AC, Corsair 380T case, etc.    

Today I picked up a processor while at Microcenter.   Booted up the machine, installed windows 10...  

Then looked at it and tried to figure out why I built the thing.   Not only do I not need it or have a use for it.  I can't think of a single thing I would need it for in the future.   

I even thought about Hackintoshing it to replace my aging imac but ran into issues getting that to work.  

I am actually contemplating returning the processor tomorrow and just parting the thing out to recoup the money I put into it.   

Do you ever do things like that.  Buy or build tech and then just feel let down.   Or get indecisive on what you want to build or do with a build?  It seems like Tech is the only thing I have this issue with.   

Kinda I find myself thinking about getting tech (new parts a new build, skylake) when I dont need it. But I never actually have pulled the trigger on something like that. I have gotten to checkout and put the thing back but never actually bought it. 

<p>CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.0 GHz | GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB (Boot Drive) | HDD: 500GB | Case: Corsair SPEC-02 Red |PSU: Corsair 750W | OS: Windows 7 64-Bit | Mouse: Corsair M65 (Black) | Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB (Black w/ Brown Switches)

Yes i have done it a couple of times when searching for months to purchase a product, stick it in the cart and then decide not to. I then wonder why I even bothered looking so intense for the best item for the $ for essentially no reason. It's like i was enjoying the searching, researching more than the necessity of the product.

Yeah actually.. I get that way with a lot of things and I really hate it. It's like I go through so much work getting the product, or researching or just whatever and than after its like... Why? Why did I even consider this or get this?

It really annoys me sometimes.

Only when it involves two equally priced very similarly specced devices. Other than that... i've been through the PC shit more than a decade. At this point, even the smartest salesman can't sway my purchasing decision.

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

Only when it involves two equally priced very similarly specced devices. Other than that... i've been through the PC shit more than a decade. At this point, even the smartest salesman can't sway my purchasing decision.

See that is how I should be.   I have been doing this since the mid 90s.   You would think I would know better.   

I am seriously considering returning the 4690 and picking up a slightly scratched 900D they had for a killer price there.