Which R9 390 to get?

IMPERIUS

Hi guys!

I'm deciding on which 390 to get. 

What I'm looking for- great oc capabilities, low heat and noise output and generaly looking good

Some cards I'm already considering: 

• MSI R9 390 Gaming 8G
  • ASUS R9390-DC2
  • XFX Radeon R9 390 Double Dissipation (also black edition)
  • Sapphire Radeon R9 390 Nitro
  • Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 WindForce 2X (and gaming G1)

So what are the main differences? I'm focusing more on the MSI or Gigabyte's cards cuz looks and brands. Which one would you pick and why?

Thanks!

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

msi gaming. TF V is a badass cooler.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I'd go for Sapphire or Asus. XFX seems to have had a drop in quality over the past few years but I like them a lot still, WindForce 2X just seems ugly to me, and while some people swear by MSI...I have never personally been anything but letdown by them :/

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

msi gaming. TF V is a badass cooler.

But so are gigabyte's coolers

I'd go for Sapphire or Asus. XFX seems to have had a drop in quality over the past few years but I like them a lot still, WindForce 2X just seems ugly to me, and while some people swear by MSI...I have never personally been anything but letdown by them :/

The problem with asus or sapphire is that they don't really offer anything more than other brands (or am I maybe missing some info?). And I really like gigabyte's looks :D 

Can you share your experiences?

Em have you seen MSIs heatsinks bro?

A bit. But how big is the difference in temps?

Hi guys!

I'm deciding on which 390 to get. 

What I'm looking for- great oc capabilities, low heat and noise output and generaly looking good

Some cards I'm already considering: 

• MSI R9 390 Gaming 8G
  • ASUS R9390-DC2
  • XFX Radeon R9 390 Double Dissipation (also black edition)
  • Sapphire Radeon R9 390 Nitro
  • Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 WindForce 2X (and gaming G1)

So what are the main differences? I'm focusing more on the MSI or Gigabyte's cards cuz looks and brands. Which one would you pick and why?

Thanks!

MSI 

its cool quiet and sexy

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

Sapphire always was to go brand when buying AMD GPU. But that massive MSI heatsink begs to be bought.
I would go for MSI.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

The problem with asus or sapphire is that they don't really offer anything more than other brands (or am I maybe missing some info?). And I really like gigabyte's looks :D

Can you share your experiences?

I just like Asus and Sapphire because I have NEVER had a bad experience with them. Gigabyte hasn't been anything but amazing either but I have only used their mobo's(which I love). XFX has been good to me too but I did have to RND my bestfriends 280x recently. As for MSI...I have personaly just never had anything from them that didn't die on me. I'm sure they are great because so many people stand by them. I've just had bad luck. I really doubt it would be the case with you but just saying.

Honestly go with the Gigabyte if you like the looks. They are a great, top quality brand and I really don't see you making a bad call there.

Check this video out, it maight help you ;) 

I just like Asus and Sapphire because I have NEVER had a bad experience with them. Gigabyte hasn't been anything but amazing either but I have only used their mobo's(which I love). XFX has been good to me too but I did have to RND my bestfriends 280x recently. As for MSI...I have personaly just never had anything from them that didn't die on me. I'm sure they are great because so many people stand by them. I've just had bad luck. I really doubt it would be the case with you but just saying.

Honestly go with the Gigabyte if you like the looks. They are a great, top quality brand and I really don't see you making a bad call there.

Yeah its mostly msi vs gigabyte

It really depends on what you want. The powercolor model is the cheapest at the moment, but it is the longest. You can fork out another 20-30 bucks to get the MSI or Sapphire models if you prefer those two companies. Also consider gigabyte.

CPU: i5 4690 GPU: Powercolor R9 390 RAM: 2X4GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill Ripjaws X Case: NZXT S340 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H CPU Cooler: Some cooler I took off of an old Socket 775 Mobo

Yeah its mostly msi vs gigabyte

I'd get the Gigabyte man, withought even a bit more thought. You obviously want it or you wouldn't still be here after EVERYONE except for me has reccommended the MSI.

At the end of the day the MSI may have a slightly better cooler but when you look in that side window and see the card that you think looks best, it makes up for that slightly better cooler. At least it does to me. Then again I waste money on multi GPU configs just for looks alone. I want what I want though :)

I'd get the Gigabyte man, withought even a bit more thought. You obviously want it or you wouldn't still be here after EVERYONE except for me has reccommended the MSI.

At the end of the day the MSI may have a slightly better cooler but when you look in that side window and see the card that you think looks best, it makes up for that slightly better cooler. At least it does to me. Then again I waste money on multi GPU configs just for looks alone. I want what I want though :)

Yeah im the same haha :P

tho I would still like to consider other ones by performance

When I asked a similar question in my thread, most people said Sapphire. If it's between Gigabyte and MSI, I'd go MSI because the cooler looks beefier.

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

Yeah im the same haha :P

tho I would still like to consider other ones by performance

Eh the performance won't be much different really. Still a 390 on a custom PCB at the end of the day. Honestly the Gigabytye may even be better. It has a higher core clock which is all the card is guaranteed to hit in the first place so seems good to me.

Eh the performance won't be much different really. Still a 390 on a custom PCB at the end of the day. Honestly the Gigabytye may even be better. It has a higher core clock which is all the card is guaranteed to hit in the first place so seems good to me.

Also an important factor is power draw since its going to be a tight fit with my 500w psu (which is enough for a 390, no debates here pls). So i'm not ocing untill I don't get a new psu

Also an important factor is power draw since its going to be a tight fit with my 500w psu (which is enough for a 390, no debates here pls). So i'm not ocing untill I don't get a new psu

There you go! All more reason to get the card you really want lol.

If you liked the MSI more, I'd say get the MSI. It's so obvious though that you want the Gigabyte. Gotta follow your heart and get the Gigabyte bro, if not you may end up wondering what could have been. It's happened to me before and it's a terrible feeling.

There you go! All more reason to get the card you really want lol.

If you liked the MSI more, I'd say get the MSI. It's so obvious though that you want the Gigabyte. Gotta follow your heart and get the Gigabyte bro, if not you may end up wondering what could have been. It's happened to me before and it's a terrible feeling.

I just love looking at my pc and thinking its beautiful (even tho the stock cooler is ugly and so is the mobo but at least my gpu can look pretty)

I just love looking at my pc and thinking its beautiful (even tho the stock cooler is ugly and so is the mobo but at least my gpu can look pretty)

Haha I know the feeling bro. I spent $300 on a new P8P67 WS Revolution just so my 3570K(2600K at the time) could be surrounded by the sexiest heatsink ever made...EVER!

Haha I know the feeling bro. I spent $300 on a new P8P67 WS Revolution just so my 3570K(2600K at the time) could be surrounded by the sexiest heatsink ever made...EVER!

Finally found a guy that goes full yolo spending just for the looks :D