Finally, Microsoft does something about trolls on Xbox Live

Samdb

Microsoft has launched a new troll prevention measure named "Enforcement United" and all it basically does it track users and see if they are abusing anybody. It was already loosely in place via the File Complaint and Rate This User features but this involved an array of users to actively report a troll, however this force is a group of people who aim to prevent trolling on Xbox Live. There really isn't any reward for doing this, other than having an elevated Xbox Community Level which does nothing but tell people what you are like and whether to stay away from you or not. It seems that they can't enforce software to do this, so they recruit people to do it for literally nothing, good job Microsoft.

Original Article: http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/08/microsoft-seeks-crack-troll-hunters-to-help-clean-up-xbox-live/

Microsoft has launched a new troll prevention measure named "Enforcement United" and all it basically does it track users and see if they are abusing anybody. It was already loosely in place via the File Complaint and Rate This User features but this involved an array of users to actively report a troll, however this force is a group of people who aim to prevent trolling on Xbox Live. There really isn't any reward for doing this, other than having an elevated Xbox Community Level which does nothing but tell people what you are like and whether to stay away from you or not. It seems that they can't enforce software to do this, so they recruit people to do it for literally nothing, good job Microsoft.

Original Article: http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/08/microsoft-seeks-crack-troll-hunters-to-help-clean-up-xbox-live/

Having the community regulate itself is the cheapest way for this to get done.

Eh. I'm not sure if PSN has anything equivalent. I'd hope so. If not, I'd like to see it/something like it added.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Having the community regulate itself is the cheapest way for this to get done.

Eh. I'm not sure if PSN has anything equivalent. I'd hope so. If not, I'd like to see it/something like it added.

The problem is that's anybody can join, so some may be led astray and abuse the system.

The problem is that's anybody can join, so some may be led astray and abuse the system.

As long as it's a "majority" thing and unions aren't formed, I think it should be fine. There will be troublemakers. There always are.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Trolling is part of the Internet (unless you take it too far) people need to get over it.

My rig: Case: Corsair 760T CPU: Intel 4690k MOBO: MSI Z79 Gaming 5 RaM: 16gb HyperX SSD: 256gb Samsung pro HDD: 1tb Toshiba PSU: Thermaltake smart 750 GPU: 1x GTX 1080 Founders edition

Trolling is part of the Internet (unless you take it too far) people need to get over it.

I don't think you understand what trolling, in this case, means.

† Christian Member †

So if the person gets banned all they have to do is make another account. Or they will just have a trolling account. This really won't change much. Also when they ban people they lose money so I'm sure they won't jump on this opportunity. This won't change anything in my opinion. Plus it's not that hard to mute someone.

And yet they can't seem to ban hackers.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

but Criso8 what if x amount of people stop playing because the community is full of trolls. This could also be a preventative measure. I know how frustrated I get when in an objective game and only one person is alive and they intentionally don't win. Those kind of trolls should be punished for not playing the game properly in my opinion.

And then later on people start trolling in groups, reporting other legitimate people for trolling...

Yup, this system is perfect!

if you remove the trolls for Xbox, you'll have only 19 people to play with. 

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Seems stupid but whatever.

Can't wait to hear all the kids go IM REPORTING YOU IM A MOD HAHAHA GET BANNED

Seems stupid but whatever.

Can't wait to hear all the kids go IM REPORTING YOU IM A MOD HAHAHA GET BANNED

This will happen way too often.

This will happen way too often.

So you impose sanctions for repeated false reports.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II