Windows 10 and GTX 980 - Still no DX12

Lolucoca

Just installed Windows 10 and all necessary drivers and my GTX 980 still dowsn't run DX12... why? whyyyyy? :P

post-239511-0-02247200-1439566022.png

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

Weird, DxDiag show DX12 12 but GPU-Z shows 11.2 i can confirm this is GPU-Z.

GPU-Z might need to be updated to properly detect the DirectX version, so I'm unsure if that reading means anything. Type dxdiag.exe in the search bar and read what version number it reports. Mine says 12.

Note that we need DirectX 12 games to be released before we can actually start using DirectX 12 functionality.

Heyyo,

There's barely any DirectX 12 content...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/429286-unreal-engine-49-directx-12-capable-right-meow/

So far? That's it. That? And 3DMark's API Overhead test which only measures draw calls per second and not an actual 3D benchmark.

Also, do you have Windows 10 version of your driver installed? Your upgrade might be running earlier version of Windows driver which lacks WDDM 2.0 support which is needed for DirectX 12...

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/89125

That driver. Use Display Driver Uninstaller to nuke your current driver before installing the new one.

http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

• Download the program, extract it and restart in Safe Mode (When you run RRU it will ask you to restart in safe mode, say yes)
  • Run DDU, Select "Clean & Restart"
  • Once back in regular boot? it'll detect and install basic display drivers (DON'T select "Clean Install" under the custom settings, it sometimes has problems with SLI setups). Once that's done? Install the latest NVIDIA drivers for your GPU and then reboot
  • (Optional) Open up DDU (if it asks to reboot into safe mode? you don't need to, so say no) and then click on "Set Automatic Driver Installation to Default"

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Just installed Windows 10 and all necessary drivers and my GTX 980 still dowsn't run DX12... why? whyyyyy? :P

You are not the only one are having this glitch, I do as well on GTX 970.

3BrFLpw.jpg

Got the Win10 verion of my nVidia driver, so... I hope that GPU-Z will show it to me someday :D

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

You are not the only one are having this glitch, I do as well on GTX 970.

My god man, 

Emsisoft Internet Security

Hitman Pro

MalwareBytes

Norton

Kasperky

Adwcleaner

Superantivirus

CClealer

Panda

DR.Web

Maybe you have a bit too many anti-virus/adware scanners m8? Pretty sure all those CPU interupts and disktime hurt your performance...

Btw, ontopic, mine also says 11.2. Whilst nvidia control panel says 12.1 (GTX 960).

Btw, ontopic, mine also says 11.2. Whilst nvidia control panel says 12.1 (GTX 960).

Almost the same for me. 11.2 vs. 12.0, 980.

The Brokish Boy v1: CPU: i7-8700k GPU: MSI Gaming X GTX ti MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Code Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 4x8gb 3200mhz DRIVES: 2x3TB WD Black , 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 500gb 970 EVO SSD Case: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black Headphone: ATH-MSR7 Mic: Blue Yeti Monitors: 27" BenQ GW2765 1440p; IPS, 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p; VA

My god man, 

Emsisoft Internet Security

Hitman Pro

MalwareBytes

Norton

Kasperky

Adwcleaner

Superantivirus

CClealer

Panda

DR.Web

Maybe you have a bit too many anti-virus/adware scanners m8? Pretty sure all those CPU interupts and disktime hurt your performance...

Actually, Emsisoft Internet Security is the only security software that i use as a real time protection, other stuff after Emsisoft Internet Security are consider to be on demand scanning tools.