What does this mean

Bob van Daal

Yesterday  built a pc:
4670k, r9 380, gigabytega- z97x-gaming 5, 8GB DDR3 1866, 1TB HDD, Cooler Master hyper 212 EVO, antex 550W 80+ bronze PSU, corsair spec-03 red.

I have ordered windows 10, usb-version, and will get it tomorrow.

I launched the pc in the hopes of seeing the BIOS but got the notification:

post-246372-0-55899900-1439546658_thumb.

How do I get rid of this notififcation to get in to the BIOS?

Thanks in advance

Bob 

This is the BIOS asking for the OS (like Windows).

Try mashing the Delete button as soon as your start up your PC.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It means it can't find something to boot from. This is the message you get when you're building a PC and don't have an OS on it yet.

I assume you have Windows on your HDD, so just mash delete as you see the motherboard splashscreen and make sure that HDD is set as the boot drive.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

some monitors have abit of delay to get to its signal ( mine included ) somtimes it doesnt show the boot screen of my bios... especially when its set to 1sec boot only

just mash f2/del or w/e ur enter bios key is ( see manual :P )

(◑‿◐)

It will always automatically attempt to boot up, without a valid boot media this is what it shows. To enter the BIOS you're going to want to (as stated above) mash the key that lets you enter BIOS when you start your PC (in most cases this is either F2, F10 or Delete).

snip

You don't have an OS installed, install an OS.

Or mess around with Boot Priority (if you have an OS installed).

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Yesterday  built a pc:

4670k, r9 380, gigabytega- z97x-gaming 5, 8GB DDR3 1866, 1TB HDD, Cooler Master hyper 212 EVO, antex 550W 80+ bronze PSU, corsair spec-03 red.

I have ordered windows 10, usb-version, and will get it tomorrow.

I launched the pc in the hopes of seeing the BIOS but got the notification:

attachicon.gifP1000401.jpg

How do I get rid of this notififcation to get in to the BIOS?

Thanks in advance

Bob 

Believe it or not that is exactly what you wanted to see. It means your PC is built, posting correctly and is ready to take an OS install.

To enter UEFI just mash the delete key when you press the power button, if that doesn't work then its likely Ultra Fast Boot is enabled so you'll have to wait until your OS is installed before you can enter UEFI though that should not be enabled by default, like EVER!!

Also why wait (assuming you have access to another PC?), head to MS's Win 10 DL site, grab the ISO, copy it onto a USB drive and install now with no key then just enter that tomorrow when it arives.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

You have missed the point where you get into BIOS. You should reboot and press DEL or F2 while its on screen showing mobos logo.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv