Intel phi

60 CORE???? Oh man.

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz Processor | CPU Air Cooler:Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE | Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS MATX AM4

Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB)  DDR4-3200 | GPU:PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 7600 8 GB Video Card

Storage #1:Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD (OS driver) | Storage #2: Silicon Power A60 1TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVMe (Anything else)

Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Case Fan: 3x Thermalright TL-C12C (2x intake fans, 1x exhaust fan)

Power Supply:Corsair CXM (2015) 450W Bronze 80 Plus |OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit) | Monitor: ASUS VG275 27” 1080p 75 Hz FreeSync

Holy crap, are you bloody mad?

Sorry for another post that doesn't get you any closer to your answer. 

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

QueenDemetria

i want to know if  its userful to improve pc performance ,i use workstation and sometimes server.

And also i want to know if motherboard can handle it / suport it.

QueenDemetria

i want to know its userful to improve pc performance ,i use workstation and sometimes server.

it's useful for the kinds of server applications you'd use a gpu for, like number crunching, ai, deep learning, weather mapping etc. The disadvantage to using gpu's for this kind of work is that you have to write code specifically for offloading and running the task on a gpu (ie: CUDA acceleration) which is obviously not an x86 processor

The Phi does NOT show up as more cores for your pc or server though, it shows up as it's own linux computer on an internal network...so the phi is useful in that we don't have to rewrite everything to run on it, it uses regular x86 instructions. Also, because it runs linux, it can't be used to accelerate windows programs. I can't see any practical use for an individual, and I can virtually guarantee this wont post in a consumer motherboard or even some workstations. 

Intel Xeon Phi co processor only works on certain boards, not all of them will support it, unless the bios supports "Decode Above 4G". But to be save, get a board that is certified to work with it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

the almoust cipset 97 matherboard suport 4G ,i dont know 97z  deluxe suport it i dont find

the almoust cipset 97 matherboard suport 4G ,i dont know 97z  deluxe suport it i dont find

Intel Xeon Phi co processor only works on certain boards, not all of them will support it, unless the bios supports "Decode Above 4G". But to be save, get a board that is certified to work with it.

I looked into this at work today, the only boards I could find are boards made for dual xeon's, and just a handful of single socket xeon boards as well. It's safe to say that consumer boards generally will not work.

The main issue is that the motherboard must support 64-bit mmio addressing. When a device is initialized at post, it requires a certain amount of space for mapping. For reference a Nvidia GTX titan would need somewhere in the neighborhood of 16MB whereas a phi would be more like 6GB. That's where you're getting the "above 4gb decode" from, because it needs above 64 bit mmio addressing to be able to do that mapping for a device that requires over 4GB like the phi. This is not the same as having a 64 bit bus/64 bit cpu/or supporting more than 4gb of system memory.

We often hear people like @LinusTech correctly reminding us that even our best graphics cards don't saturate pcie 3 or even pcie 2, but these xeon phi's (along with other pcie attached compute devices) absolutely can. Consumer boards simply aren't made to handle these types of add in cards because the phi has high barriers to entry that would prevent an average consumer or enthusiast from using it.

Frankly, even boards that have over 4gb decoding/64 bit mmio addressing may not work. When it comes to enterprise grade components, unsupported parts are a no-go, if you truly want to tinker with a xeon phi you'll want supported components to go along with it.

Curiously, the Asus X99-E WS motherboard (one of my personal favorites) does support the Xeon Phi 3120A only, which is the 57 core $1799 variant. You'd probably want to go xeon and ecc ram at that point as well which will become quite the expensive build. The z97 WS from asus curiously does not support any phi cards.  The only other "workstation" class consumer board that I thought might support it is the Asrock X99WS which also unfortunately does not support the phi