To buy a new one or to repair the old one ?

Ridska

Ridska here ,

Today I had a little accident with my Nexus 5 ,

Well you see , like any other phone , I have dropped it to the ground and I have about 6 cracks in my screen .

So , I am kind of in the market for a new smart phone.

But there is a problem(s) with buying a new smartphone :

A ) I love my Nexus 5 but I know repairing it would cost more than the phone itself.

B ) I don't have the power to shell out cash to anew phone so this means ,

I'm on a tight budget.

So help would be appreciated .

Oh and if you recommend one + one , well I would get that but the problem is that i want to buy a smartphone from Finland , not oder it from China.

Reasons are that I don't wanna deal with Tulli aka the Finnish customs border control ( would like to thank massdrop for showing me that it a bad idea to order stuff outside of Eu cuz the Finnish tax and Tulli did one over me ).

Thanks for the help and please help me decide weather to fix my Nexus 5 or get a new one .

Stay groovie

(⌐■_■) 

Mate, if the touchscreen works, it'll cost you like £20 for a new screen. If the touch screen does not work, it will cost you <£70 for a new digitiser.

Ridska here ,

Today I had a little accident with my Nexus 5 ,

Well you see , like any other phone , I have dropped it to the ground and I have about 6 cracks in my screen .

So , I am kind of in the market for a new smart phone.

But there is a problem(s) with buying a new smartphone :

A ) I love my Nexus 5 but I know repairing it would cost more than the phone itself.

B ) I don't have the power to shell out cash to anew phone so this means ,

I'm on a tight budget.

So help would be appreciated .

Oh and if you recommend one + one , well I would get that but the problem is that i want to buy it from Finland .

Reasons are that I don't wanna deal with Tulli aka the Finnish customs border control ( would like to thank massdrop for showing me that it a bad idea to order stuff outside of Eu cuz the Finnish tax and Tulli did one over me ).

Thanks for the help and please help me decide weather to fix my Nexus 5 or get a new one .

Stay groovie

Economically it would be better to fix it. I'd  at least ask in a repiar shop how much it would cost instead of guessing :/. Might as well do that before deciding anything else.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

SNIP

A new display would not cost more than the phone itself should cost like 50 - 100 Euros

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Economically it would be better to fix it. I'd at least ask in a repiar shop how much it would cost instead of guessing :/. Might as well do that before deciding anything else.

V.A.T and ALV is high here in Finland , I dought that it would be cheap.

(⌐■_■) 

V.A.T and ALV is high here in Finland , I dought that it would be cheap.

Does "asking" cost anything anyway?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

A new display would not cost more than the phone itself should cost like 50 - 100 Euros

That was my thought but maybe there is more brocken than just the screen. maybe buttons camera and stuff. As he is not to detailed here I just have to guess. if not and it is just the screen then you're right and he should go to repair it.

3.Use

Mate, if the touchscreen works, it'll cost you like £20 for a new screen. If the touch screen does not work, it will cost you <£70 for a new digitiser.

27 euros for a screen ?! Well I don't know the prices in UK but i ll check the prices in here at Finland.

(⌐■_■) 

That was my thought but maybe there is more brocken than just the screen. maybe buttons camera and stuff. As he is not to detailed here I just have to guess. if not and it is just the screen then you're right and he should go to repair it.

Very true

27 euros for a screen ?! Well I don't know the prices in UK but i ll check the prices in here at Finland.

Depending on where you buy from you can easily get cheap screens!! check ebay and amazon etc

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Fix it yourself. One of my friends destroyed my other friends Nexus 5 (I also have a Nexus 5). He ordered a new screen and replaced it

CPU - i5-8400 , Motherboard - ASROCK Z370 Killer SLI, RAM - 2x8 GB DDR4 2400mhz , GPU - EVGA GTX 950 SC, Case - SilentiumPC PAX M70 Pure Black V2 Storage - 240GB SanDisk SSD, 1TB WD Blue, PSU - bequite! 600w Pure Power 10, Display - Dell P2417H, Cooling - bequiet! Pure Rock, Keyboard - Viper V730, Mouse - natec Genesis G55, Sound - Philips MCD712, OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

Maybe experiment with the Xioami Mi4? Not expensive and very good phone!

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

Does "asking" cost anything anyway?

Nope , and yes I will ask , expect a post by tomorrow , I'll ask today.

Just the screen , everything works . the camera and the on screen buttons too .

Just have those cracks in the mid right and bottom right of the touchscreen.

(⌐■_■) 

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Fix it yourself. One of my friends destroyed my other friends Nexus 5 (I also have a Nexus 5). He ordered a new screen and replaced it

That would be great actually ( ^_^ ) .

But the issue is that I need some sort of tutorial because I don't know how to do it.

(⌐■_■) 

@Mug @GER_T4IGA @ShadowCaptain @User1868

I just asked the price for the fix . 149 euros for the screen . I brought my Nexus 5 for 320 e , By adding 149 euros , I would have spent 469 e on the phone witch is not worth it . and not ordering from amazon USA , like I said : tax , Tulli ect ect. For 469 I can get these following phone : Samsung Galaxy note 3 , HTC one M8S , Hauwei p8 , Lg G3 with 32 gb of memo , and lastly Motorola moto X.

Thank you for all your help . and thank you for taking the time to help me .

P.s , the repair costs just as much as my ATH M50X .

(⌐■_■) 

I just asked the price for the fix . 149 euros for the screen . I brought my Nexus 5 for 320 e , By adding 149 euros , I would have spent 469 e on the phone witch is not worth it . and not ordering from amazon USA , like I said : tax , Tulli ect ect. For 469 I can get these following phone : Samsung Galaxy note 3 , HTC one M8S , Hauwei p8 , Lg G3 with 32 gb of memo , and lastly Motorola moto X.

You're being ripped off if it costs you that much.

That would be great actually ( ^_^ ) .

But the issue is that I need some sort of tutorial because I don't know how to do it.

Well than search it on Google or something - if he found it so can you. First try to look for it than decide whether you want a new phone or not (doing it yourself will save you a lot)

CPU - i5-8400 , Motherboard - ASROCK Z370 Killer SLI, RAM - 2x8 GB DDR4 2400mhz , GPU - EVGA GTX 950 SC, Case - SilentiumPC PAX M70 Pure Black V2 Storage - 240GB SanDisk SSD, 1TB WD Blue, PSU - bequite! 600w Pure Power 10, Display - Dell P2417H, Cooling - bequiet! Pure Rock, Keyboard - Viper V730, Mouse - natec Genesis G55, Sound - Philips MCD712, OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

You're being ripped off if it costs you that much.

IKR ?!

i  mean instead of repairing an old smartphone , its cheaper to get a new one thse days.

(⌐■_■) 

OK, good that you decided to ask though.

Somebody recommended some self-reapir-ghetto-kits. Is that an option since your out of warranty anyway and you seem to love your Nexus 5 so much?

Here is the touch screen and ​​​digitiser unit for £33, that's the maximum you'd need

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LG-Google-Nexus-5-D820-D821-LCD-Digitizer-Touch-Screen-Display-Frame-Replacement-/221601297816?hash=item3398777598

3.Use