Programs for general consumer

BgG286

Hey guys, I have a couple systems waiting to be sold, they're mostly P4 systems so pretty much just very basic computers. I wipe and reinstall Windows on them, but I don't know what programs I should put on them. What do you guys think the general consumer would like to have preinstalled on their computer?

System specs:  CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 705e unlocked to x4 overclocked to 2.8GHz   |   MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS   |   Cooler: Hyper 212+   |   GPU: MSI GTX 560ti OC to 910Mhz   |   RAM: 8GB PNY DDR3 1333   |   HDDS: WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Hitachi 500GB HDD   |   PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W   |   Peripherals: Microsoft wireless mouse, old mac keyboard, ASUS VS238H, Gateway FPD2275W, some speakers, Logitech Driving Force Pro

Firefox or Chrome to replace Internet Explorer

WinRAR or other similar

Adobe Reader or other similar to view pdf's

make partitions, linux, ,free antivirus that you can manage and does not interfere

that what i would like to see on computer

also all drivers ...

I always start with :

- Google Chrome

- Pidgin

- WinRAR

- Avast Antivirus

- VLC

Firefox or Chrome to replace Internet Explorer

WinRAR or other similar

Adobe Reader or other similar to view pdf's

Browser already done.

Winrar will do.

Adobe Reader will do.

make partitions, linux, ,free antivirus that you can manage and does not interfere

that what i would like to see on computer

also all drivers ...

I don't really think partitions and linux on the side is really necessary for the general consumer. That's something people on the forum would like, but we're not exactly general consumers when it comes to computers.The computers I have here range from old Celerons and P4s to the best one being an Athlon 64 x2 so by no means are they for someone who would need multiple partitions and Linux. I already have all the drivers installed.

Thanks guys all suggestions are welcome I have 6 computers to install this stuff on so keep it coming.

System specs:  CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 705e unlocked to x4 overclocked to 2.8GHz   |   MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS   |   Cooler: Hyper 212+   |   GPU: MSI GTX 560ti OC to 910Mhz   |   RAM: 8GB PNY DDR3 1333   |   HDDS: WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Hitachi 500GB HDD   |   PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W   |   Peripherals: Microsoft wireless mouse, old mac keyboard, ASUS VS238H, Gateway FPD2275W, some speakers, Logitech Driving Force Pro

CCCP to update codecs. 

Teracopy unless it's Windows 8 for better copy/move/transfer speeds that don't screw up if your computer crashes and such.

Win7BootUpdater to put your own custom boot animation?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'd keep it simple if its for general consumers, most of them probably would have no idea how to use or let alone know what programs like winrar are. I'd just do Adobe Flash/Reader and Avast. 

Edit: maybe also Open Office if you aren't already installing a version of Office. :)

Welp. I was writing up this awesome list of stuff from Ninite.com to download with explanations and shit, but I accidentally de-focused the textbox and hit backspace to delete a letter. Yep. Went back to the last page. Lost everything.

Suffice to say, just go to Ninite.com and everything you need is there.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I would say keep it really simple with as little as possible, I think a good rule is don't put anything that duplicates functionality, I would just put a free antivirus on there (if it's not Windows 8 as that comes with it built in) and nothing else, at a stretch I would install Libreoffice, Adobe Flash and, even though I hate to say it, Adobe Reader (all set on auto update), because it's very likely that they may require them, certainly no trial or free-with-ads programs.

I wouldn't bother with any other internet browsers, 7zip (way better than WinRAR) or media players, because they for the average consumer they duplicate functionality (even though we know they are better) it would mean they would have to check and update them themselves which if they don't could leave them vulnerable, whereas the built in tools will update with Windows Update so even though they may not be best they will always be up-to-date.  

Keep it lean and mean, it's too hard to guess what they will need so just give them the bare minimum, it's a selling point that your computers don't come with any trial programs and bloat, and if your talking to them during a sale and they mention something else they might need extra then certainly offer a program for them.