Hello guys!About 980ti

lxyfutures

I know there's bounch of 980ti with a lot of brand and edition,and I always appreciate EVGA's quality. A lot of people actually recommend this EVGAsuperclocked980ti. It seems nice until I discovered this Zotac AMP EXTREME EDITION 980ti. The engine clock(base)is 1253mhz,and can boost to 1355mhz. I mean ,this is just insane. Could anybody tell me something about Zotac and this card? Thanks!

CPU:Intel Core i7-5930K @4.5GGPU: 2 of MSI R9 390X GAMING 8G Graphics Card crossfire   Mobo:ASUS TUF SABERTOOTH X99    Ram:Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz  SSD:2 of Samsung 850 Pro 512GB WatercoolerCorsair Hydro Series H100i GTX  CaseCorsair Graphite Series 780T   PSU: EVGA 1000 P2  80+platinum  Keyboard:Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB black Monitor: LG277MU67 4K IPS FREESYNC

I know there's bounch of 980ti with a lot of brand and edition,and I always appreciate EVGA's quality. A lot of people actually recommend this EVGAsuperclocked980ti. It seems nice until I discovered this Zotac AMP EXTREME EDITION 980ti. The engine clock(base)is 1253mhz,and can boost to 1355mhz. I mean ,this is just insane. Could anybody tell me something about Zotac and this card? Thanks!

From what I've heard, Zotac is the last manufacturer you want to buy from (take this with a grain of salt). You could overclock the EVGA to the same specs, and maybe even further. I would say, go for what is the cheapest and from a decent brand (Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA)

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

Have you seen the Strix from asus? its pretty sexy ;)

Quoted speeds on an aftermarket graphics card are what the card is guaranteed to be stable at.....The aftermarket cooler is a different beast entirely. Every aftermarket cooler is rated by it's thermal dissipation. If you see a card running an insane overclock with barely more cooling than the stock blower cooler, it's reason to steer clear.

Any card, even the stock ones can overclock, how much just depends on how lucky you are in the silicon lotterry. Higher OCed cards from reputable manufacturers tend to be binned to guarantee the speeds they list.....Unless you're buying a kingpin card.

See it now! Thanks! I think ASUS seems better than that

CPU:Intel Core i7-5930K @4.5GGPU: 2 of MSI R9 390X GAMING 8G Graphics Card crossfire   Mobo:ASUS TUF SABERTOOTH X99    Ram:Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz  SSD:2 of Samsung 850 Pro 512GB WatercoolerCorsair Hydro Series H100i GTX  CaseCorsair Graphite Series 780T   PSU: EVGA 1000 P2  80+platinum  Keyboard:Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB black Monitor: LG277MU67 4K IPS FREESYNC

From what I've heard, Zotac is the last manufacturer you want to buy from (take this with a grain of salt). You could overclock the EVGA to the same specs, and maybe even further. I would say, go for what is the cheapest and from a decent brand (Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA)

Thanks! I think I will leave that and go find another,maybe  asus

Do not go for ASUS, it has a terrible cooler and it is quite loud, look at a review for it. Also ASUS customer service is terrible now. I would go for EVGA Classified, MSI Gaming or Gigabyte Gaming G1, they all overclock quite high, if I had to choose one it would be EVGA Classified, you could wait for the MSI Lightning as well, I think that will come out soon.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Thanks! I think I will leave that and go find another,maybe  asus

I would like to say, I am somewhat biased towards EVGA even though I don't own their products. Their customer service is amazing, they treat you right if anything happens. I don't know how the cooler performs, but I am sure that information is available on the internet. (Oh, and I believe they also allow you to take off the cooler without voiding warranty as long as it the same way it came, unsure about which cards, but there is something to it)

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

Do not go for ASUS, it has a terrible cooler and it is quite loud, look at a review for it. Also ASUS customer service is terrible now. I would go for EVGA Classified, MSI Gaming or Gigabyte Gaming G1, they all overclock quite high, if I had to choose one it would be EVGA Classified, you could wait for the MSI Lightning as well, I think that will come out soon.

Agreed. go with MSI, EVGA ,GIGABYTE or Zotac... idk what funky is takling about

Just overclock the EVGA 980 Ti SC to match it or be better. Silicon lottery. Zotac is okay...

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I just received a stock EVGA 980Ti.   I have been able to overclock it to 1275 base and the boost clock is up to 1642 with 8Ghz on the memory.  

The Silicone lottery is just that; Playing  the lottery.   

Although I agree on the K|ngp|n is the clear winner in most cases.  haha..   

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Slightly off topic.....

I worry about evga cards, mainly because of the k|ngp|n's.... When you're going through that intensive a binning process to find those few chips that are actually capable of pushing those frequencies, and those loads, then you know every last thing about the chips, and there is no real lottery.

Those chips that just pass spec....I doubt evga gets rid of them, I'm guessing those are evga's reference cards.

Please note I have no evidence to back this up, and evga is a very reputable company...I just worry.

Slightly off topic.....

I worry about evga cards, mainly because of the k|ngp|n's.... When you're going through that intensive a binning process to find those few chips that are actually capable of pushing those frequencies, and those loads, then you know every last thing about the chips, and there is no real lottery.

Those chips that just pass spec....I doubt evga gets rid of them, I'm guessing those are evga's reference cards.

Please note I have no evidence to back this up, and evga is a very reputable company...I just worry.

See my post above yours.  My reference card (although with ACX cooler) is a killer overclocker and has an ASIC score of 78.something. So I don't think that is the case at all.  

They can also have a higher requirement for chips to begin with.   Like with any company they have their own TDP of what they will accept.  

(TDP in this case meaning Technical Data package)

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

I just received a stock EVGA 980Ti.   I have been able to overclock it to 1275 base and the boost clock is up to 1642 with 8Ghz on the memory.  

The Silicone lottery is just that; Playing  the lottery.   

Although I agree on the K|ngp|n is the clear winner in most cases.  haha..   

What the hell, 1275 base to 1642 boost clock... man i want to see a screenshot of that, what are you using to see the clock speed? if so thats not only a golden chip interms of max boost clock but that has to be the largest boost ive seen on a 980ti, btw pls run some benchmarks with it i just want to see the scores and be jealous  :P

CPU i7 4770k (4.5ghz OC) | CPU Cooler Swiftech H220-x | GPU 980ti G1 Gaming (1562 mhz) | Mobo EVGA z87 Stinger | RAM 16gb Kingston HyperX Beast 1866mhz | PSU EVGA 850w B-2 | Storage Seagate 2tb hdd 7200rpm(main storage) & Samsung 840 EVO 250gb (boot drive) | Case Corsair 250D

What the hell, 1275 base to 1642 boost clock... man i want to see a screenshot of that, what are you using to see the clock speed? if so thats not only a golden chip interms of max boost clock but that has to be the largest boost ive seen on a 980ti, btw pls run some benchmarks with it i just want to see the scores and be jealous :P

I highly doubt it's 1642. Probably a typo. Otherwise, yes, we need evidence.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

1642 in valley since valley way overstates clocks. 

Thats what im wondering, and why i asked where he was reading the clock speed from. I have heard of some really good cards running into low 1600s so 1642 isnt completely impossible but it would be an extremely rare card. Hence me asking for screenshots etc  :D

CPU i7 4770k (4.5ghz OC) | CPU Cooler Swiftech H220-x | GPU 980ti G1 Gaming (1562 mhz) | Mobo EVGA z87 Stinger | RAM 16gb Kingston HyperX Beast 1866mhz | PSU EVGA 850w B-2 | Storage Seagate 2tb hdd 7200rpm(main storage) & Samsung 840 EVO 250gb (boot drive) | Case Corsair 250D

Hmm.  Wasn't aware Valley overstated clock speeds.   Hold please. 

This is what i was going by.  Give me a second to test and check in afterburner.  

2015_08_11_16_55_09.jpg

OK.   Ran valley again and checked the specs in Afterburner.    Not quite as impressive.  Sorry. 

AB.PNG

Here is a firestrike run from the other day when I was testing.  

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5665460

1502 is still a very good overclock, but yeah valley isnt the most reliable for clock speeds (i think it shows mine as 1744 or something ridiculous) 

Thanks for the heads up.   I am still not complaining and honestly I still feel my original statement stands.   Even their reference cards are pretty dang good.