Who is getting the ACER X34 monitor here

Metro

Hello

Who is going to get the ACER X34 monitor, if it gets a good review

Thanks

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

I would love to buy one in the future. This monitor literally offers everything I ever wanted in a monitor. But it is so ridiculously priced (1300€ - the price of my entire rig), however I hope the price will be dropping very soon.

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

If I had enough money I would buy it

^^ this is the story of my life

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

In for one. The price is justified IMO since I only replace monitors ever 6+ years.

I'm intrigued, but eagerly awaiting reviews and the quality of the finished product. The Freesync was well reviewd, so I see an equal if not better result for G-Sync. However, far and away my biggest concern is it being an Acer and the epic screw up they made with the QC on the XB270HU. If that happens on a $1500 monitor, the sh*t is really going to hit the fan, and I don't want to be anywhere near that mess! Time will tell...

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

I'm might buy it but I'm also waiting for Asus to release news about the ROG Swift PG279Q. Its definitely one of those.

I'm really likely to get it. I won't preorder it but I'll likely have it before 2016.

I really want LG to make an equivalent to the x34 because I know their design will be very sleek compared to the gamer bulky style acer has going on.

I really want LG to make an equivalent to the x34 because I know their design will be very sleek compared to the gamer bulky style acer has going on.

Id really love if it wasnt curved also and without a height adjustable stand. ... with a bit cheaper price.

Basically the original 34um95, but 100+hz and gsync. And on that free vesa mount on the back i`d mount a zotac zbox with a 970m and have no PC case at all !!!! (+an expensive wireless gaming mouse and keyboard and speakers ^^)

It's the monitor I will be picking up two weeks after its release in North America. Waiting the two weeks to see how the reviews go to make sure the monitor doesn't end up like the Asus ROG Swift monitor. I am glad I decided to wait to pick up a new monitor, because an ultra-wide IPS 1440p G-sync monitor that has a refresh rate higher than 60 hz is exactly what I wanted. The fact that it is curved doesn't really appeal to me, but I'm sure it will be nice. My phone has a curved screen and it is pretty sweet. The Asus model that has almost the exact same specs is too glammed up for me. I am not a fan of the ROG scheme it has going on it.

I'm tempted.. slightly..

its not horrendously expensive and when you consider the reason we all spend lots of money on pc's is for the better experience and the monitor is the only part that gives us the experience its kind of just as important.

that being said I'm still very happy with my xb280hk. yes I'm fully aware I'm about to get an impending bashing from the death to TN squad..

but yeah that's just me :)

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

I will definitely be getting it. I should be finishing up my build around August-September right when it's expected to be released in America so it should be good. I also won't preorder because I don't want to be caught in the chaos if it ends up having bad pixels or something, but it currently is the best monitor right now until Asus releases their own version. 

I think it's well worth the money for the experience and to be on the bleeding edge.

If I can I'll wait till latest Q2 of next year to get a new monitor, same specs as the x34, but without Acer's shit show of a design (imo at least), if I really can't wait to switch to 3440x1440 then I'll just go ahead and grab the Samsung S34E790C probably for those sexy deep blacks (Without the negatives of black crush) 

Although I like the LG 34UC87 design a tad better, but it's IPS not VA so I'll have to decide, because I do want a VA Panel haven't owned a more modern one personally only used/borrowed them from others :/ 

Maybe if more news comes out about this 100Hz VA Panel Samsung are making I'll be willing to wait for that (G sync or no G Sync)

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

If I can I'll wait till latest Q2 of next year to get a new monitor, same specs as the x34, but without Acer's shit show of a design (imo at least), if I really can't wait to switch to 3440x1440 then I'll just go ahead and grab the Samsung S34E790C probably for those sexy deep blacks (Without the negatives of black crush) 

Although I like the LG 34UC87 design a tad better, but it's IPS not VA so I'll have to decide, because I do want a VA Panel haven't owned a more modern one personally only used/borrowed them from others :/ 

Maybe if more news comes out about this 100Hz VA Panel Samsung are making I'll be willing to wait for that (G sync or no G Sync)

Why do you want a VA?

Why do you want a VA?

Like I said I haven't owned a newer VA Panel personally so I'd like to own one and be able to use it for an extended time, because previously I borrowed a mates ones, but only for the short time he was on holiday for. And they are getting very good at eliminating any past issues VA's may have had, the S34E790C is a great example of that, it's pretty much at the stage where it's less a mix of IPS/TN, and more IPS + deeper blacks thanks to the better static contrast ratio. But again like I said without the negatives of black crush (providing you configure the settings correctly, if you don't you can still get a very noticeable amount of it).

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Hello

Who is going to get the ACER X34 monitor, if it gets a good review

Thanks

Legit just bought this the lguc87-b

Like I said I haven't owned a newer VA Panel personally so I'd like to own one and be able to use it for an extended time, because previously I borrowed a mates ones, but only for the short time he was on holiday for. And they are getting very good at eliminating any past issues VA's may have had, the S34E790C is a great example of that, it's pretty much at the stage where it's less a mix of IPS/TN, and more IPS + deeper blacks thanks to the better static contrast ratio. But again like I said without the negatives of black crush (providing you configure the settings correctly, if you don't you can still get a very noticeable amount of it).

At what cost are those settings though in order to completely avoid black crush... you lose some of the deepness in the blacks, which may not be to the satisfaction of some people. Personal preference of course. That aside though, the bigger issue I've read with the Samsung is text and its noticeable lack of crispness vs IPS, so that definitely needs improving.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

At what cost are those settings though in order to completely avoid black crush... you lose some of the deepness in the blacks, which may not be to the satisfaction of some people. Personal preference of course. That aside though, the bigger issue I've read with the Samsung is text and its noticeable lack of crispness vs IPS, so that definitely needs improving.

No cost, it's just changing gamma mode from 1 to 2, 1 is the default, 3 is the one which creates the black crush, 2 is the perfect in-between. Then you just need to change the other settings because the out of the box calibration is bad, just like it can be with other IPS/TN/VA displays. 

You certainly don't lose any depth in the blacks. You gain it by changing the setting. 

And the issue you are talking about is caused by the type of RGB stripe subpixels, it has nothing to do with VA v IPS, it isn't an issue inherent to VA Panels, although yes it is something the S34E790C does 'suffer' from, it will cause things to appear a bit softer, especially text, thankfully you can just set up ClearType to correct this for all windows based texts, which covers the majority, although for anywhere else you'll need to live with it, which is more than easy enough to do, as it isn't by any means a major issue. 

But yes I do hope they change that for when they finalise and integrate the 100Hz S-VA Panel into a display.