Should I buy this?

Dimetime35c

Acer XG270HU 27" WQHD omidpx Gaming Display Monitor it's 499$ and they have 4 left in stock. It's the free sync version and I have an Nvidia gpu

Acer XG270HU 27" WQHD omidpx Gaming Display Monitor it's 499$ and they have 4 left in stock. It's the free sync version and I have an Nvidia gpu

if you have Nvidia then Freesync wont mean anything to you..

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

No. try finding a screen with g-sync instead because you'll make more out of it since you have an Nvidia GPU.

It's the cheapest available 1440p 144Hz display, so if you want those specs then yes! Ignore that it has freesync, it will still be good.

Or for about $40 more you could get this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZOO348C/?tag=pcpapi-20

The Asus MG279Q, which again has freesync but ignore it, it's the cheapest IPS Panel 1440p 144Hz display. So nicer viewing angles and colour accuracy. 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

No. try finding a screen with g-sync instead because you'll make more out of it since you have an Nvidia GPU.

But it's like 300$ less then the g-sync version:( it's still not worth it though????

It would be pretty damn good, but if you want the best then spend the extra $300.

But it's like 300$ less then the g-sync version:( it's still not worth it though????

Well you can always use it, but you won't really have any use of freesync so if you find one cheaper w/o freesync then go for it. Well unless you're thinking of getting a amd gpu soon.

Its an IPS 1440 144hz monitor and there aren't a whole lot of those.  I just found this one on amazon for 471.99 so don't feel you need to rush.  You can even wait as a few new ones will be released and these prices could come down.

Its an IPS 1440 144hz monitor and there aren't a whole lot of those.  I just found this one on amazon for 471.99 so don't feel you need to rush.  You can even wait as a few new ones will be released and these prices could come down.

NO! FUCK ANY OTHER ADVICE! THIS IS THE ONLY ADVICE REQUIRED! http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824160226!

NO! FUCK ANY OTHER ADVICE! THIS IS THE ONLY ADVICE REQUIRED! http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824160226!

That's a 1080p display, the one the OP was looking at is 1440p

Not to mention you can get this cheaper anyway if you did want 1080p 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009729&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

That's a 1080p display, the one the OP was looking at is 1440p

Not to mention you can get this cheaper anyway if you did want 1080p 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009729&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

But...But I'm always right...What do you mean you can get it cheaper...No...I don't believe it...the link is a lie! The link is a lie!

But...But I'm always right...What do you mean you can get it cheaper...No...I don't believe it...the link is a lie! The link is a lie!

Chugle if you don't have anything relevant to contribute to the topic please stop posting! I asked for advice not your random rambling about a topic you clearly don't know anything about.

Chugle if you don't have anything relevant to contribute to the topic please stop posting! I asked for advice not your random rambling about a topic you clearly don't know anything about.

Calm down, jeez. It's just a damn joke.

Calm down, jeez. It's just a damn joke.

No one's upset dude. Just letting you know it's not amusing posting just for the sake of posting. This forum tends to act more mature then others.

No one's upset dude. Just letting you know it's not amusing posting just for the sake of posting. This forum tends to act more mature then others.

There are people who are gonna give you legit answers all the time, and then there are people like me who sometimes like to interject a little comedy into the forum. Ain't nothing wrong with that. You might not find it amusing but some people do.

if you can spend 500$ you really should save up another 50$ and get the asus mg279q ... its also a 1440p 144hz, buts its IPS and will make that TN look like the garbage that it is

even tho its 550$, the asus mg279q is an incredible value right now... fuck f/a/g sync, 144hz IPS is still worth it

if you can spend 500$ you really should save up another 50$ and get the asus mg279q ... its also a 1440p 144hz, buts its IPS and will make that TN look like the garbage that it is

even tho its 550$, the asus mg279q is an incredible value right now... fuck sync, 144hz IPS is still worth it

Release date on the mg279q? I want to get a new monitor this month at least.

Release date on the mg279q? I want to get a new monitor this month at least.

Its been available in EU for a few weeks already. I do not know about the US... but i cant imagine that its far away, if it really isnt available yet.