Internet not performing as well as it should

Cacao
Go to solution Solved by Volbet,

It does have that actually. How do I go about disabling it? I have this Killer Network Manager, should I uninstall that?

Don't uninstall it just yet. 

If you go into your start-up programs (Crtl+Shift+Esc → `Start-up` fan), you should see the Killer Network Manager program. Disable it, and restart the computer.

And updating the driver is a pretty good idea aswell.

So we recently upgraded to 300mbit fiber and every PC in the house gets the full speed except for my laptop (Aorus X7). It's supposed to have a good network card and I'm connected directly to the router with an ethernet cable, so I don't think the issue is with hardware. Yet still whenever I do a speedtest my internet spikes to 300mbit in the first second then just goes down and stays perfectly constant on 80mbit. I've tested on 2 other PCs and they both get 300+mbit on the same connection. Furthermore my ping is pretty crappy to servers that aren't right next to me, whereas the other PCs still get good ping to them (this is quite annoying when I'm gaming).

So I'm thinking of just reinstalling windows sometime soon anyway, or maybe upgrading to windows 10. But for the mean time anyone have an idea of what could be causing this? The only thing I could think of is some program doing it, I ran malwarebytes and it found nothing.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Do your laptop by any chance use a Killer NIC?

I have had similar problems in the past, all of which was caused by a Killer NIC of some sorts. 

Try disabling the network utility that comes with the NIC.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Do your laptop by any change use a Killer NIC?

I have had similar problems in the past, all of which was caused by a Killer NIC of some sorts. 

Try disabling the network utility that comes with the NIC.

It does have that actually. How do I go about disabling it? I have this Killer Network Manager, should I uninstall that?

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Might be a nooby question but have you updated it's LAN drivers?

More nooby on my part because I just checked and it is actually out of date. I'm updating now. Fingers crossed!

If you go into your start-up programs (Crtl+Shift+Esc → `Start-up` fan), you should see the Killer Network Manager program. Disable it, and restart the computer.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

More nooby on my part because I just checked and it is actually out of date. I'm updating now. Fingers crossed!

Any news!

Wow. Just wow. This actually fixed it. I can't thank you enough. 

I'm equally impressed by your solution as I am disappointed by this goddamn utility. It has literally been ruining my internet for a year wtf.

Now I FINALLY get what I pay for :D

d474e55be193d5e84559ad93e8b6b9f8.png

Any news!

Yup, I started downloading the driver but it was going to take a few hours so I did @Volbet 's suggestion in the mean time and it fixed the issue. I'll make sure to update the driver anyway though. Thanks!

Yup, I started downloading the driver but it was going to take a few hours so I did @Volbet 's suggestion in the mean time and it fixed the issue. I'll make sure to update the driver anyway though. Thanks!

Nice man! I wish I had your speeds :c I'm sitting on 17 Download but with not data cap so it's the best part.