Upgrading this laptop was more complicated than a deaktop

0b19013bba7af9a0e9c48af9b921b40e.jpg

Holy balls the heatsink is basically taped to the motherboard and held in place by the laptop frame! Getting in there was a nightmare of ~20 screws in odd places and cables are all ZIF(zero insertion force) cables to save space. The keyboard cable was atrocious and had to be knocked out with a screwdriver. The HDD was a terabyte which surprised me. The monitor fastening points are broken and can only remain in one position while upgrading/fixing. The CPU stock thermal paste was done poorly on the heatsink and replaced it with AS5.

The worst thing about the 3 day ordeal, I thought I had fried the motherboard, but it was only that the CPU (an A8-4500m) was not compatible with the socket of the motherboard. Fs1 processors do NOT work on Fs1r2 (Fs1 FP) motherboards. What would be best it something like an A10-5750m. That CPU receives a passmark score of ~3500. Laptops are interesting lite buggers... Desktops are all mostly similar, bit these things vary by miles apart and their unique parts are harder to find. If anyone can find an A10-5750m or similar, that would be amazing. Good learning experience for me though.

Cat tax http://imgur.com/gallery/CGHos

They are not made for upgrading. You can't upgrade the heatsink so not a lot of room for upgrade :(. It is just for rams and hdd which most of the times are easily accessible. The only time i find useful to upgrade the cpu is from single core to dual. Anything else is either too expensive or useless due to heat

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM