The Absolute Ultimate - Project Janus (Enjoy Linus)

53by9

i7-5960x

Titan X 4 Way SLI

8 X 4GB Crucial Ballistix 2666 

1TB Evo Pro

2 X 4TB WD Black

3 X Asus Blu-Ray Burners

AX 1500i + AX 1000i

3 X Rog 1440p Gsync

1 Dell Touch

EKWB on CPU, GPU's, MoBo

32 Fans Cougar Fans, 2 Pumps,

980mm of Double thick Radiators

and 5 Fan Controllers

And Much More...

https://youtu.be/hEXpICb0wD0

post-196364-0-49596800-1438987789_thumb.

post-196364-0-45529300-1438987828_thumb.

post-196364-0-27517300-1438987875_thumb.

post-196364-0-27367400-1438987889_thumb.

post-196364-0-59076100-1438987920_thumb.

post-196364-0-05516400-1438990588_thumb.

And I thought an upgrade to a 970 was good.... 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Holy crap.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Wow thats just wow one thing if your going for THE ULTIMATE a PCI-e SSD :P

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

MORE SYSTEM PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The video. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

i7-5960x

Titan X 4 Way SLI

8 X 4GB Crucial Ballistix 2666 

1TB Evo Pro

2 X 4TB WD Black

3 X Asus Blu-Ray Burners

AX 1500i + AX 1000i

3 X Rog 1440p Gsync

1 Dell Touch

EKWB on CPU, GPU's, MoBo

32 Fans Cougar Fans, 2 Pumps,

980mm of Double thick Radiators

and 5 Fan Controllers

And Much More...

https://youtu.be/hEXpICb0wD0

do you have a girlfriend ? 

because your not going to have her for long if you have this rig :P

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

We NEED more pictures. Followed ;)

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

The dual power supply is completely unnecessary lol the 1500W one could have done it by itself. And for that matter you could have gone for 980tis and noticed no difference in performance ^^

I like the double case thjough :P

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

We NEED more pictures. Followed ;)

Video, sorry. There are so many pics and the upload limit hurts as most are 7680x1440 or larger

The dual power supply is completely unnecessary lol the 1500W one could have done it by itself. And for that matter you could have gone for 980tis and noticed no difference in performance ^^

I like the double case thjough :P

Ehh, no. I use 8 gigs maxed settings on most games. Per card. So much monitor requires so much VRAM and creates so much heat. Also, I bios mod a lot and it increases TDP which blows past 1700w. You'd be surprised. Besides, longevity will be increased this way.

Ehh, no. I use 8 gigs maxed settings on most games. Per card. So much monitor requires so much VRAM and creates so much heat

Games will always use more vram than they need if it's available for caching, but it shouldn't be necessary.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Games will always use more vram than they need if it's available for caching, but it shouldn't be necessary.

Play games in 11+ million pixels and get back to me.

What even is life

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Video, sorry. There are so many pics and the upload limit hurts as most are 7680x1440 or larger

Am I allowed to ask approximately how much it cost? :P

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Am I allowed to ask approximately how much it cost? :P

...About 15k. I stopped counting, lots of custom chinese bolts to do double and triple fan mounts on radiators that they make you buy in bulk. All kinds of crazy stuff

3X Bluray burners..But why?

Details separate people.

Wouldn't the fourth card kind of be a waste? jayztwocents did something similar with three cards and he noticed the CPU was becoming a bottleneck, let alone with 4 cards. It seems a marginal increase at best and since RAM doesn't stack, not sure what to make of this. If it would have been possible, I think waiting till next year when Pascal Titans woukd be coming out with their 32GB VRAM would be a bit more cost effective. That said, this is pretty beastly.

3X Bluray burners..But why?

Shhh... Piracy is a crime!

Wouldn't the fourth card kind of be a waste? jayztwocents did something similar with three cards and he noticed the CPU was becoming a bottleneck, let alone with 4 cards. It seems a marginal increase at best and since RAM doesn't stack, not sure what to make of this. If it would have been possible, I think waiting till next year when Pascal Titans would be coming out with their 32GB VRAM would be a bit more cost effective. That said, this is pretty beastly.

This is more of a DX 12 Build. VRAM doesn't stack but each card handles a different portion of the screen with DX12. To max settings on all games at this resolution is not possible with three cards, yes the CPU bottlenecks on some games but for the most part the newer games don't as they are set up entirely different when it comes to draw calls. Having a fourth monitor I get to see the CPU and all stats on the GPU's in real time while gaming. Who knows when Pascal will come out, NVIDIA will probably just wreck them with their drivers anyhow. 

Shhh... Piracy is a crime!

so is over kill :P

Details separate people.

What pumps do you use? From the looks of it, it looks like you have a dcp pump sitting upside down in the top (the reservoir is not really doing anything usefull in that position, just the opposit.

d5 pwm and dcp pwm, normally the pump pushes out the top and in this position it goes out the bottom so yes the reservoir is being used. Ther is also absolutely no air in this system as I mentioned before.

What pumps do you use? From the looks of it, it looks like you have a dcp pump sitting upside down in the top (the reservoir is not really doing anything usefull in that position, just the opposit.