Nexus 4 VS HTC One

Hello :)

I need help deciding on which phone to get and if you guys could help me decide, that would be amazing.

I have a 350$ credit to buy a new phone. I've narrowed my selection down to two phones and I really can't decide between a Nexus 4 16GB (360$) or an HTC One 32GB (650$). I'm buying my phone no-term so that's why I'm using these prices. So would you rather:

a) Get a Nexus 4 16GB
b) Spend an extra 290$ and get an HTC One 32GB

Do you think the HTC One pros justify the 290$ premium? Would you pick a or b? Why? :)

I mean looking at it, the pros/cons look something like this:

>N4 Pros:
-Gets the latest Android updates
-Hey. + 290$.

>HTC One Pros:
-Out of this world build quality (yes, I do care a lot about that)
-Amazing speakers
-The screen is the best in the west
-Camera is exceptional in everyday situations
-More storage (I can live with 16GB but 32GB is always nice to have)
-Battery lasts longer
-4G LTE (vs 3G on the N4)

Thank you guys for your time! :D

DON'T READ THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE

You little rebel.

Nexus 4.

4g LTE is faster but depending on your carrier it might not be fully available. 4g also drains battery almost twice as fast as 3G.

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

If you can afford the HTc one go for that but the nexus 4 offers the best bang for the buck.

Desktop:  Cpu:                     3570K @ 4.2Ghz                    Graphics:          Windforce GTX 970             PSU: 1000 Watt EVGA             

Motherboard:       MSI GD55 Z77                        SSD:                 120gb patriot pyro se          KB:    K70 RGB                                     

Ram:                    8gb 2133MHz G skill               HDD:                 4 Tb                                    Mouse: M65 RGB                                                  

well the Nexus 4 technically does have LTE but I would say HTC One if money is no issue.

I'd go HTC One if I really didn't mind spending an extra $290. Otherwise, I'd choose the Nexus 4. Both are really good phones.

However, at this point in time, I'd be tempted to wait for some new phone releases, considering the age of both phones.

I think that you should choose the HTC One since it seams to fit your needs.
You say you like the build quality, you like the speakers, the screen, the more storage, longer battery etc

So if the phone fits you the just get it.

I was very sceptic getting my Nokia 808. But after i got i realized that it was exactly the phone that i wanted :)

S4 ;)

| MOBO: Asus Z97-PRO | CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Asus R9 280 | Ram: 8gb Kingston Ram| PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power L8 600W | CPU Cooler: Corsair H75 | 

I would wait until around  october if you manage it because the nexus 5, 4's new model may comeout, googles been pretty good about releasing phones everyyear around the same time.

Building a PC: check it out here http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1qvon

I would go with the Nexus 4 since imo its more developer friendly if you are into modding your phone and it has great performance for the price.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Wow thanks a lot for all he replies guys! You're all awesome! *Internet hi-five*

You little rebel.

I have the One and it absolutely awesome.  Go for it!

Better yet, why not buy the stock android HTC One?

I'm the one who overclocks.

CPU: i5 2500k w/CM Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OC'd@4.2GHz RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB  MOBO: Intel Burrage DP67BG GPU: MSI GTX770 Twin Frozr 2GB HDD: 2x Seagate 2TB Barracuda PSU: Gigabyte ODIN 550W

I have the One, and my mom has the Nexus 4. The Nexus is a nice phone, it looks good, it performs well and is a breeze to root. The One, is also a nice phone, I prefer the way it feels, and looks. It also has one of the best screens on any phone. (Personal preference between the Ones and the S4's). Not to mention the speakers put any other phone's speakers to shame. Also.. The IR blaster... Turning off TVs and changing channels to what you want to watch in restaurants/Walmart is always good fun.

And if you prefer the Aosp experience you can either buy the Google edition or buy the normal edition and flash a aosp ROM/ turn your regular into a Google edition.

Get HTC One Google Edition. Best of two worlds.

Or seeing how Google just released Nexus 7 refresh out-of-sudden I'd expect a new Nexus 4 soon enough and you might wanna hold on to that.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

Wow thanks a lot for all he replies guys! You're all awesome! *Internet hi-five*

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

If your phone is a HUGE part of your life, I'd say it's worth the extra $290.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I have never used the Nexus 4 but I'm going to say HTC One.

i work with mobile phones everyday. I've own an N4 and I've had an extended trial period with the HTC One (a month worth of using it as my personal device) and ill have to say the HTC One is a better handset based purely on build quality. The nexus 4 is well built but lacks a certain feeling of high end... and also based upon "using" the device, i must say the HTC has performed better for battery life and also in terms of everyday use.

My 2 cents.

~~Korindo~~

~~Korindo~~

Cubitek Mini ITX Build : - Cubitek Mini Cube - ASUS Z87i-Pro - Intel 4770K - 16gb G.Skill Ares 1866mhz -

- Samsung 840 500gb SSD x 2 - Noctua NH-L12 Cooler - Silverstone 550 watt Strider Gold PSU - Galaxy GeForce GTX Titan -

Thanks a lot guys!

After reading all of your replies, I bought myself an HTC One. After a day of using it, I really have to say, so far I absolutely do not regret those extra 290$ :D

You little rebel.

Thanks a lot guys!

After reading all of your replies, I bought myself an HTC One. After a day of using it, I really have to say, so far I absolutely do not regret those extra 290$ :D

Awesome choice :)

~~Korindo~~

Cubitek Mini ITX Build : - Cubitek Mini Cube - ASUS Z87i-Pro - Intel 4770K - 16gb G.Skill Ares 1866mhz -

- Samsung 840 500gb SSD x 2 - Noctua NH-L12 Cooler - Silverstone 550 watt Strider Gold PSU - Galaxy GeForce GTX Titan -

I Personally own the HTC on and i love it (: 

CPU: Intel I5 3550 Motherboard: Maximus V Gene RAM: 8Gb Kingston HyperX Genesis GPU: Zotac GTX 670 Case: NZXT Vulcan Storage: 120gb Kintson SSD + 1TB WB blue PSU: Corsair CX600 Display(s): Asus 24" VE247H Full HD Cooling: Coolermaster V8 and Casefans Keyboard: Steelseries 6G V/2 Mouse: Razer Naga Molten Sound: Onboard + Astro a40

I got the Glamour Red One for my wife yesterday. I´m still waiting for my silver One to arrive, but after playing around with it I think the screen is amazing and the speakers also. And the camera, and the remote and...

They should´ve named it HTC The One ;) !

(+2 sold HTC One´s thanx to Linus.)