r9 380 or 390?

Hey i'm buying a graphics card and i'm not sure at all.

Build:

CPU: AMD FX-6300

MB: AsRock 970M Pro3

Ram: 8gb Kingson HyperX 1600 MHz

Screen 1080p 60Hz

I was planning on buying a r9 380 which in Denmark retails for 278 USD. But looking on http://www.game-debate.com i found that it for some games (such as the Witcher 3 and Assassins Creed) is less powerful than what is required, (and in the case of Assassins Creed right on the edge of recomended).

So this is when i thought, maybe i need a 390 which retails for 395 USD. Or maybe the 290 which retails for 337 USD.

Generally i don't play games that require much graphics performance, CS:GO, Minecraft etc. That is not to say that i don't/won't play more demanding games.
What i really don't want is to go out and spend 278 Dollars on a graphics card and feel like i bought old out performed piece of junk that can't play the new titles that are coming out now, and makes titles to come unplayable.

What i really want to know is whether or not i should spend the extra 110 dollars on the 390? If the 290 is better suited for me, or if it's too old? If i can play new titles with the 380? and if none of this matters because i'll be bottlenecked in my CPU because it's an AMD, and therefore i should go out an but a GeForce 210, and be happy with it?

I hope someone can help me!

380 since your processor would bottleneck a 390 anyway. You might as well save yourself some money

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

Hey i'm buying a graphics card and i'm not sure at all.

Build:

CPU: AMD FX-6300

MB: AsRock 970M Pro3

Ram: 8gb Kingson HyperX 1600 MHz

Screen 1080p 60Hz

I was planning on buying a r9 380 which in Denmark retails for 278 USD. But looking on http://www.game-debate.com i found that it for some games (such as the Witcher 3 and Assassins Creed) is less powerful than what is required, (and in the case of Assassins Creed right on the edge of recomended).

So this is when i thought, maybe i need a 390 which retails for 395 USD. Or maybe the 290 which retails for 337 USD.

Generally i don't play games that require much graphics performance, CS:GO, Minecraft etc. That is not to say that i don't/won't play more demanding games.

What i really don't want is to go out and spend 278 Dollars on a graphics card and feel like i bought old out performed piece of junk that can't play the new titles that are coming out now, and makes titles to come unplayable.

What i really want to know is whether or not i should spend the extra 110 dollars on the 390? If the 290 is better suited for me, or if it's too old? If i can play new titles with the 380? and if none of this matters because i'll be bottlenecked in my CPU because it's an AMD, and therefore i should go out an but a GeForce 210, and be happy with it?

I hope someone can help me!

I suggest you to pick up the R9 380, with the FX 6300 you really start bottlenecking High-end cards.

By picking up that card, you save some bucks and you'll be able to enjoy it at it's 100% potential! ;)

I would get a R9 290, if you can find somewhere to buy one.

They are really good for the price because they are last generation cards (And the new generation is the same card with more v-ram which is the r9 390)

I would get a R9 290, if you can find somewhere to buy one.

They are really good for the price because they are last generation cards (And the new generation is the same card with more v-ram which is the r9 390)

I can get hold of a r9 290 but it's still more expensive than the 380, would you say the 290 is worth the extra 60 dollars when i'm playing 1080p?

I can get hold of a r9 290 but it's still more expensive than the 380, would you say the 290 is worth the extra 60 dollars when i'm playing 1080p?

IMO, no because as I said you really start to bottleneck High-end cards with that CPU... you could use that spare money for something else. :)