Two Questions about RAM

1. What is the CAS number for?

2. Which should I go with? 32gb of 3000mhz c15 or 16gb of 3400mhz c16? Their roughly the same price but the 16gbs matches the color scheme.

2. Which should I go with? 32gb of 3000mhz c15 or 16gb of 3400mhz c16? Their roughly the same price but the 16gbs matches the color scheme.

CAS is the timings of the RAM. The lower the better.

What's the application of the RAM?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Cas is the latency it can process data/ aka how quick it can process/respond to actions

if u need to choose kits with different mhz / cas latency u need to think that 1cas is equal to 266mhz   so a 3000 cas 15 kit would be equal to a 3266cas 16 kit ( thats really roughly estimated and not always true but its a way of estimating to buy ram kits... on higher mhz's it varies.. the 266mhz rule is for 1600-2400 )   could be that 1cas is equal to 300-366 or even 400mhz on ddr4 ( i personally still believe ddr4 is equal with 266mhz per cas, have not had ddr4 kits to be able to test but it should have the same ratio in latency scaling, due to 2400 cas 9(ddr3) having much better latency then ddr4 3000 cl15 for example )

(◑‿◐)

CAS latency is also known as RAM timings, as the other tow have said the lower the better. It doesn't necessarily affect performance that much if at all. The higher the frequency the greater the latency.

So I guess it comes down to Quantity vs Quality? Which matters more when it comes to ram?