980ti vs 970 sli

Zoomv

Just a random question xD

If you don't plan to upgrade in the future would you guys pick 

a reference 980ti or 2 custom 970?

Just a random question xD

If you don't plan to upgrade in the future would you guys pick

a reference 980ti or 2 custom 970?

CrossFire 390s. More VRAM than the 970s, which will allow you to max out all upcoming games at 1440p, a 390 is better than a 970 and since CF scales better than SLI, the difference only increases in favour of the 390s. Going with a single more powerful card is only good if you plan to add another one, two 390s are better than a 980 Ti in all games that support CF.

980Ti, but if it has to be reference, then watercool.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

I didn't see that option in the post. 980ti for me. 

CrossFire 390s.

I would like to not going amd...

Definitey 980ti....I have 2 970 in sli but a single card is always better.

980 Ti.

2 gpu, they look really good in a small case xD

Definitey 980ti....I have 2 970 in sli but a single card is always better.

but don't you get the same performance?

2 gpu, they look really good in a small case xD

but don't you get the same performance?

Nope. SLI sucks. A lot of games don't utilize it well, it kicks out a shit ton of heat, and the Nvidia drivers are so bad right noe (at least for SLI) that even BF4 crashes within a few minutes of playing with SLI. A GTX 980 Ti is much better.

Nope. SLI sucks. A lot of games don't utilize it well, it kicks out a shit ton of heat, and the Nvidia drivers are so bad right noe (at least for SLI) that even BF4 crashes within a few minutes of playing with SLI. A GTX 980 Ti is much better.

Dont agree with sli "bad" part cuz i own it and dont have any problems. But yes 980ti is better choise atm.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4 GHz                                                 Case: Fractal Design Define R5                       SSD: Samsung Evo 850 250gb          Monitor:  Benq GL2760        
   GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (+140 Core|+400 Mem)               Motherboard: Msi Z97-G5                                 HDD: WD blue 1TB                             CPU Cooler:  Hyper 412s
      RAM: 16GB HyperX DDR3 1600MHz                                PSU: Cooler Master v850                                 Storage: Adata HV610 1TB                  OS: Windows 10           

lMay I ask why?

because all the other 390 do cost more than a 970 except the 390 sapphire

I would like to not going amd...

stick with a single 980ti and not amd or sli at all       sli and multigpu will always have disadvantages besides getting fps such as less compatibility, worse input delay than 1 card ( on both amd and nvidia mutligpu setups ) and the biggest difference = wattage   singlecard under load for me is like 280-300watt while multigpu pushes it to 500-550

i ran sli and multigpu setups for years, after going back to 1card i couldnt be happier

(◑‿◐)

Dont agree with sli "bad" part cuz i own it and dont have any problems. But yes 980ti is better choise atm.

Well from my experience it was terrible, but I was beta testing Windows 10 at the time. The Nvidia drivers were absolute garbage, and BF4 would crash every few minutes when mt GTX 760s were in SLI. My friend was also beta testing win10 and his GTX 690 didn't fare well either.

Wha-wha-what ? why ? SG05 sux

*panic attack initiated* HOw?1 M8 OMgg DO NOT DISS ON MY SG05 M89

stick with a single 980ti and not amd or sli at all       sli and multigpu will always have disadvantages besides getting fps such as less compatibility, worse input delay than 1 card ( on both amd and nvidia mutligpu setups ) and the biggest difference = wattage   singlecard under load for me is like 280-300watt while multigpu pushes it to 500-550

i ran sli and multigpu setups for years, after going back to 1card i couldnt be happier

but if i don't care about power consumption and heat?

because all the other 390 do cost more than a 970 except the 390 sapphire

Dude, the Sapphire 390 is the best.

but if i don't care about power consumption and heat?

Then you would like AMD.

*panic attack initiated* HOw?1 M8 OMgg DO NOT DISS ON MY SG05 M89

is that a case?

Well from my experience it was terrible, but I was beta testing Windows 10 at the time. The Nvidia drivers were absolute garbage, and BF4 would crash every few minutes when mt GTX 760s were in SLI. My friend was also beta testing win10 and his GTX 690 didn't fare well either.

Well even now windows 10 is not really the best with games. Problems keeps accuring so i blame windows 10 not sli. Havent tested everything but gta v, witcher 3 and lords of the fallen seems to work fine without crashes or problems.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4 GHz                                                 Case: Fractal Design Define R5                       SSD: Samsung Evo 850 250gb          Monitor:  Benq GL2760        
   GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (+140 Core|+400 Mem)               Motherboard: Msi Z97-G5                                 HDD: WD blue 1TB                             CPU Cooler:  Hyper 412s
      RAM: 16GB HyperX DDR3 1600MHz                                PSU: Cooler Master v850                                 Storage: Adata HV610 1TB                  OS: Windows 10