Uninstalling Google App and Google Now Launcher from my Nexus 5

MuffinsOfGump

Hey everyone, yesterday, I got a new Nexus 5 to replace my Moto G which kicked the can a few days ago. I have uninstalled almost all pre-loaded apps since I use mostly Microsoft services and the Google ones have no use to me. But I cannot uninstall the Google App and Google Now Launcher (I use Nova Launcher). Does anyone know how I can get rid of these? Thanks everyone

Hey everyone, yesterday, I got a new Nexus 5 to replace my Moto G which kicked the can a few days ago. I have uninstalled almost all pre-loaded apps since I use mostly Microsoft services and the Google ones have no use to me. But I cannot uninstall the Google App and Google Now Launcher (I use Nova Launcher). Does anyone know how I can get rid of these? Thanks everyone

You can't uninstall those, they are system apps.

Nova Launcher will be set as your default launcher after you install it and use it, you can check the default launcher in system settings and in nova launcher's settings.

You can't uninstall those, they are system apps.

Nova Launcher will be set as your default launcher after you install it and use it, you can check the default launcher in system settings and in nova launcher's settings.

That's saddening ;-; I just hid them in Nova Launcher. Do you guys know how I could disable the search bar in the task manager and the search shortcut when you swipe up on the home button?

That's saddening ;-; I just hid them in Nova Launcher. Do you guys know how I could disable the search bar in the task manager and the search shortcut when you swipe up on the home button?

When you swipe up from the navigation buttons on the screen? Not sure on that