Another R9 390 or 980ti?

Should I get another R9 390 or a 980ti?

(will be going to 1440p eventually, at 1080p now)

Neither. A single 390 is good for 1440p

it might be good enough for crysis

but will it run minesweeper tho?

anyway both cards are good

it comes down to personal preference

a single 390 cant play many games at 1440p

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

A 390 is good if it's going to be your last upgrade for "a while." I'd say get a 980ti if you can upgrade again shortly. In Other words, the longer you're next upgrades are going to be, the more you should lean towards another 390; the shorter your upgrades might be, you should learn twoards the 980ti. Unless you can sell your 390. :) Just my thoughts though.

how much would a 390 be worth right now? (used)

a single 390 cant play many games at 1440p

Wtf xD. And which game you cannot play with 390 on 1440p?. I have it and all games have 45+ fps min on ultra and all filters.

Wtf xD. And which game you cannot play with 390 on 1440p?. I have it and all games have 45+ fps min on ultra and all filters.

I'm on about 60+ at all times.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

980ti fo sure

Monitors: 3 x Sony KDL-42W670A, Case: X-Predator full tower, CPU: i5 2500K @4.8, GPU: Crossfire Sapphire Tri-X R9 290's, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB 

FTFY

I would get a 980ti, as two 390s would kill your power bill and would need a pretty expensive PSU.

I'd still recommend the single 980Ti, single GPU over dual GPU always. But... power bill? Is this a thing? You're looking at maybe $5 more, unless you're in Nigeria, or some African country.

Power never mattered until NVIDIA released Maxwell and started making a fuss about it.

Should I get another R9 390 or a 980ti?

(will be going to 1440p eventually, at 1080p now)

why are you comparing 400 USD and 650 USD cards? thats like comparing a 6-Cylinder Mustang and a Shelby GT500

I'd still recommend the single 980Ti, single GPU over dual GPU always. But... power bill? Is this a thing? You're looking at maybe $5 more, unless you're in Nigeria, or some African country.

Wrong, this is dual 390s, not a single one. The dual 390s will use around 500w, which is quite a bit. The power from a 980ti is around 200-250w, but we'll use 250w to give the 390s an advantage for this calculation. Assuming  the computer is under load for two hours every day, and the kWh price is $0.23, the price difference in power will be $85 per year. Actually research before you post about power costs. 

Power never mattered until NVIDIA released Maxwell and started making a fuss about it.

Because before then there wasn't as big of a difference.

Wrong, this is dual 390s, not a single one. The dual 390s will use around 500w, which is quite a bit. The power from a 980ti is around 200-250w, but we'll use 250w to give the 390s an advantage for this calculation. Assuming  the computer is under load for two hours every day, and the kWh price is $0.23, the price difference in power will be $85 per year. Actually research before you post about power costs. 

Because before then there wasn't as big of a difference.

Who the hell pays $0.23 per kWh? Damn that's expensive. What state are you in?

I'm in Montreal, as you can tell if you looked. Electricity is dirt cheap depending on the season and water flow. Hydroelectricity is beautiful.

Who the hell pays $0.23 per kWh? Damn that's expensive. What state are you in?

I'm in Montreal, as you can tell if you looked. Electricity is dirt cheap depending on the season and water flow. Hydroelectricity is beautiful.

I personally don't, but it isn't uncommon, and that is what's on the calculator I used by default. Even if it costs you $0.10/kWh, thats still a $40 difference per year.