MSI GTX 980 Ti in NZXT H440

siggi376

Will the limited airflow cause any temperature problems with MSI GTX 980 Ti? And also is the "GPU load" affected by the temperature of the card. I know that the fans are not suppose to spin unless the card is under load so I was wondering if the limited airflow would couse the card to run hotter and therefore under load at all times? The CPU would be watercooled with H100i so the only thing air cooled would be the GPU. I don't think I will overclock yet but I think I might do in a year or two. Would I start causing problems then? Would something like a Obsidian 450D be a better choice? I also heard that the fans on H440 spin faster under load due to limited air availability than a more airflow optimized case causing it to actually be louder? 

its just gonna be the same as any other card...

and who the hell keeps saying the h440 has shit airflow like seriousley

i will throw my h440 at ur face to show u that the airflow is good

The fans stay the same on Load if you plug them all up in the hub

e8a2662446dd10e560cea15cc03b451b.png

Don't worry the limited intake airflow would only increase the temperature by 1-3C it's still good airflow to the GPU and you shouldn't have a problem with temperatures or noise

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

its just gonna be the same as any other card...

and who the hell keeps saying the h440 has shit airflow like seriousley

i will throw my h440 at ur face to show u that the airflow is good

The fans stay the same on Load if you plug them all up in the hub

Well it is not great, the front intake and top exhaust are pretty restrictive but nothing to really worry about.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought that my H440 has bad airflow also, I read a couple articles where the people removed the front panel and got a good 10°C drop in temps... That is bullsh*t, let me tell you... I have exactly the same temps with or without the front panel ;) so the airflow is not bad at all... My reference 980Ti is a tad toasty at 83°C but I plan to slap a CM Seidon 120M on it soon :)