Sennheiser PC 350 Special edition + Xonar Essence STX?

jacoblab1

I am planning on getting Sennheiser PC 350 Special edition headphones and a Xonar Essence STX sound card. Would these work well together? If not do you have any suggestions for my $400 audio budget?

Thanks in advance!

4930k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB Corsair Vengance Pro 2133Mhz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black edition - 780Ti Classified SLI watercooled

Samsung EVO 1TB SDD - 2x 3TB Seagate barracuda - AX1200i - Corsair 900D

Corsair K70 brown - Razer Mamba - X-Star 2710 @ 120hz - Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250Ohm

Also consider these.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SALE-BRAND-NEW-SENNHEISER-HD600-HD-600-ON-EAR-HOME-CINEMA-HI-FI-HEADPHONE-/321024641629?pt=AU_headphone&hash=item4abe8f4a5d&_uhb=1#shId (They're legitimate, I'm listening to them now)

I recommend saving up for a good external amp and DAC later on.

$400 us dollars just for headphones? Do you need to spend that much for good sound?

$400 us dollars just for headphones? Do you need to spend that much for good sound?

They were $350 with tax, shipping, etc. here in Canada when I purchased them from that link.

They're worth every penny though, and they only get better once you get a proper amp/DAC later on.

Also consider these.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SALE-BRAND-NEW-SENNHEISER-HD600-HD-600-ON-EAR-HOME-CINEMA-HI-FI-HEADPHONE-/321024641629?pt=AU_headphone&hash=item4abe8f4a5d&_uhb=1#shId (They're legitimate, I'm listening to them now)

I recommend saving up for a good external amp and DAC later on.

Don't forget a Modmic to go with these.

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

Better to spend the majority on headphones (never get a headset if you want the best price/sound performance) than a soundcard - the exception being hard-to-drive headpones.

Would I get decent quality audio from a headset priced around $200? Or will I get shit audio compared to something in the $400 range? I will be getting either the Asus Formula VI with 600 ohm audio or a good sound card in the near future.

Would I get decent quality audio from a headset priced around $200? Or will I get shit audio compared to something in the $400 range?

You don't need to spend all of your budget on headphones (again, don't get a headset!) but there's better options in the $200-$400 range than just ~$200.

Would I get decent quality audio from a headset priced around $200? Or will I get shit audio compared to something in the $400 range? I will be getting either the Asus Formula VI with 600 ohm audio or a good sound card in the near future.

If you're picking out a motherboard anyways, grab the Formula instead of a soundcard.