Razer Naga 2014 - Arrived

TheProfosist

I thought I would post that the instant the Naga 2014 was able to be ordered from razer's store I did so (along with a invicta mouse pad). Its has already arrived today even though it was supposed to be here sat at the earliest. I will be posting pics that I have taken soon and doing a review as well as taking questions and requests. I just thought that I would post first to get some interest flowing.

I snapped one up ASAP because to me it seemed like Razer looked at the G600 and took everything that was better about it than the previous Naga's and integrated it into the new one. Then took some of the faults that were on the Naga's and G600 and fixed them. My first impression is that what I deducted from their site and Linus's review seems correct but Ill have to see once I use it more.

I would like to note I do NOT play MMO's and will not be covering anything in regards to them.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I use my Naga 2012 for productivity with all the buttons  :P.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

Maybe I'm crazy, but I use my Naga 2012 for productivity with all the buttons  :P.

Same thing I did with my G700, G700s, G600 and plan to do with this Naga 2014 as well. They also do a good job of keeping your thumb busy while gaming once your used to it.

So ive run into a few thing well fooling around in Synapse setting up the mouse there is no option of the in game configuration and the shortcut they have in place of it and in the manual doesnt work. The other thing is that the USB plug has obvious signs of wear.

What do you guys do with all those buttons?

MMOs? Shortcuts? Scripts? There are loads of reasons :P

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I thought I would post that the instant the Naga 2014 was able to be ordered from razer's store I did so (along with a invicta mouse pad). Its has already arrived today even though it was supposed to be here sat at the earliest. I will be posting pics that I have taken soon and doing a review as well as taking questions and requests. I just thought that I would post first to get some interest flowing.

I snapped one up ASAP because to me it seemed like Razer looked at the G600 and took everything that was better about it than the previous Naga's and integrated it into the new one. Then took some of the faults that were on the Naga's and G600 and fixed them. My first impression is that what I deducted from their site and Linus's review seems correct but Ill have to see once I use it more.

I would like to note I do NOT play MMO's and will not be covering anything in regards to them.

I am really interested in the g600 if you could compare the g600 to the naga 2014 i'd be really greatful :D

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Whoa, I've seen the Naga and all those switches at the side confuses the heck out of me, and being an older gent, I get confused easily. :blink:  Hence, my avoidance of such mice.....I know my Kone XTD has this 'Easy Shift' key that allows me to map quite a number of key customizations I believe, but it's all too much for an old dog like me.....I just use it for aiming and shooting, that's about it for me. But, I can surf the net with the best of 'em with this mouse.... :P :D

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Just incase my left click have issues or something, I'll just replace my left click function one of those buttons.

Now I can never of it dying on me :)

After comparing the different mice I have I have to say man this has to be my favorite mousepad I have ever owned and probably the best one as well.

The build quality seems to be completely on par with the deathadder 2013 which is what I was hoping.

The only thing that seems to be a down side it the mechanical button their much easier to bump compared to the G600 (which I never bumped ever) but I just think thats just something im going to have to get used to.

The only thing that seems to be a down side it the mechanical button their much easier to bump compared to the G600 (which I never bumped ever) but I just think thats just something im going to have to get used to.

Maybe wait for the G600s? :P

Anything I want they are fully programmable. Why not keep your thumb busy? Its the most use full of all our fingers.

I am really interested in the g600 if you could compare the g600 to the naga 2014 i'd be really greatful :D

Sure thing man I plan to but I have to get sometime I really havnt had time to get more than a fist impression currently but I would so far recommend the Naga 2014 especially if you have an orbweaver like I do.

Whoa, I've seen the Naga and all those switches at the side confuses the heck out of me, and being an older gent, I get confused easily. :blink:  Hence, my avoidance of such mice.....I know my Kone XTD has this 'Easy Shift' key that allows me to map quite a number of key customizations I believe, but it's all too much for an old dog like me.....I just use it for aiming and shooting, that's about it for me. But, I can surf the net with the best of 'em with this mouse.... :P :D

The G600 has the feature too. i was like I have enough trouble remembering these 12 buttons on the side I dont want to remember 12 more, lol. So I disabled it and reprogrammed that 3rd slick to stuff like double click and melee. if you want once I get some time I ca post the layouts I use for some of the games im currently playing.

Maybe wait for the G600s? :P

The bigest benefit of this mouse is the mechanical switches along with the deathadder 2013 build quality and I somehow doubt that logitech is going to mechanical buttons, just look at their keyboard lineup. Also look at the rest of the ones that got the s treatment most of it was just a sensor and coating change for many of the mice.

So ive run into a few thing well fooling around in Synapse setting up the mouse there is no option of the in game configuration and the shortcut they have in place of it and in the manual doesnt work. The other thing is that the USB plug has obvious signs of wear.

i know I quoted my own post but i would like to point out that after 2 restart the in game config started working but there still isnt a proper option in synapse so you have to use the shortcut (at least it works now right).

Looking at it I think was supposed to go in member reviews. Anyone know who I can PM to move it?

• 2 weeks later...

Moved - sorry it took so long.

its cool I havnt had time to go through the pics yet.

reminds me i need to edit those might all talk about naga pre and post  synapse update