PC goes completly dark and reboots while under heavy load

theKumba

I haven't overclocked anything.

CPU temps at idle ~30°  under load ~40-47°

GPU temps at idle ~25°  under load ~70°

This basically only occurs while playing games. Everytime I play the crew and switch into the 3d rendered world it takes 10-60 seconds for the PC to shut down. Today I tried to play Bioshock Infinite at completly maxed out settings, which put the load to 99% and everything went well for roughly 15 minutes until the screen went black and the PC rebooted. CSGO runs mostly fine, but in some competetive matches this happens every 10 minutes. Basically completely random.

I have even added 3 extra fans to my system to prevent better airflow, which didn't really change anything from what I noticed.

Also it is most likely not am os failure, since I recently switched from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 and the error persisted.

Specs:

• CPU
    Intel Core i5 4670K
  • Motherboard
    MSI Z87-G45
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengance 1600Mhz 16GB
  • GPU
    Zotac GTX 780 AMP
  • Case
    NZXT Phantom 530
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB
  • PSU
    Corsair CX750M
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

I haven't overclocked anything.

CPU temps at idle ~30°  under load ~40-47°

GPU temps at idle ~25°  under load ~70°

This basically only occurs while playing games. Everytime I play the crew and switch into the 3d rendered world it takes 10-60 seconds for the PC to shut down. Today I tried to play Bioshock Infinite at completly maxed out settings, which put the load to 99% and everything went well for roughly 15 minutes until the screen went black and the PC rebooted. CSGO runs mostly fine, but in some competetive matches this happens every 10 minutes. Basically completely random.

I have even added 3 extra fans to my system to prevent better airflow, which didn't really change anything from what I noticed.

Also it is most likely not am os failure, since I recently switched from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 and the error persisted.

Sounds like the PSU not havin enough power, please post some specs. It could also be your cpu or gpu overheating, try monitoring your temps while playing

you're overloading your power supply I think

You're most likely stressing your power supply. It may just be a bad model. 

Does this fall under warranty? With 750 watts 80+bronce I should have plenty of power.

I'm not sure what company your PSU is made by, so I'd call TS and have them tell you what to do. Unless they think you're intentionally trying to destroy it, then your warranty should be good. 

Just contacted Corsair support.

I'd look at the ram but thats just me, I've never had a PSU problem as far as I know so I wouldn't know what they'd look like.

I'd look at the ram but thats just me, I've never had a PSU problem as far as I know so I wouldn't know what they'd look like.

How would I look at the ram? Ram stresstest?

Btw, it's at stock frequenzy. Not even XMP

How would I look at the ram? Ram stresstest?

Btw, it's at stock frequenzy. Not even XMP

Memtest maybe?  Take all but one stick out, switch them out till the until the problem goes away, although thats assuming there is a ram problem thats only related to one stick.  I just say this because I had a system that showed similar symptoms and found that at least one stick of ram was terrible, throwing all kinds of errors in memtest.  Again I've never had a PSU failure that I know of so I just wouldn't know those symptoms.

Memtest maybe?  Take all but one stick out, switch them out till the until the problem goes away, although thats assuming there is a ram problem thats only related to one stick.  I just say this because I had a system that showed similar symptoms and found that at least one stick of ram was terrible, throwing all kinds of errors in memtest.  Again I've never had a PSU failure that I know of so I just wouldn't know those symptoms.

So I've been running Memtest for about 20 minutes now and neither has anything crashed, nor did it put out any errors. Except my system running freakishly slow everything went fine.

So I've been running Memtest for about 20 minutes now and neither has anything crashed, nor did it put out any errors. Except my system running freakishly slow everything went fine.

Then I guess the other guys are right, worth a try though I suppose.

Then I guess the other guys are right, worth a try though I suppose.

TBH 20mins of Memtest isn't enough to detect errors. You'd need about 2-3h or even 12h to detect something. But in all I agree about it being PSU issue. I've been reading really many threads having this kind of issues and using CX series PSUs.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv