Everything Broken After Downgrade From Windows 10 to Windows 8.1

daksenf

After using the BUILT IN Windows 10 downgrade to 8.1 feature in the "Update and Recovery" section in the Windows settings, I found myself waiting about 15 minutes till I reached the Windows login menu of Windows 8.1.  After typing in my password and getting to my desktop, I noticed that Nvidia GeForce Experience had not loaded to my notification area, so I opened it from the start screen and saw an update was available.  I chose to custom install the driver and after about 2 minutes, it gave me an error and the only options were to cancel and try again. so yah. Then i got an action center notification to turn on windows defender as the downgrade broke my Avast. Then i noticed that my windows apps were not working as they were the versions made for Windows 10.  THEN, I tried playing some games and they were completely unplayable because of the framerate and hiccups.  Please help me be able to use my gaming laptop for gaming and get all of my programs back!

TL;DR

The built in Windows 10 Downgrade to 8.1 broke my graphics drivers, windows apps, windows defender, and many programs. please help!!!

maybe do a wipe and reinstall?

CPU     4790K  4.7GHz @ 1.17 volts

MOBO  Asus Z97-K

GPU     980ti Strix

RAM    16GB G.Skill

Why would you downgrade in the first place?

I didn't really like the UI and some other things like MS always having knowledge of what you are doing, but that is besides the point, the downgrade has already been done.

maybe do a wipe and reinstall?

I'm trying to do anything besides that as it would take me forever to get all my programs back with my slothlike 3Mbps connection

you dont have any of the original executable files you downloaded?

CPU     4790K  4.7GHz @ 1.17 volts

MOBO  Asus Z97-K

GPU     980ti Strix

RAM    16GB G.Skill

I didn't really like the UI and some other things like MS always having knowledge of what you are doing, but that is besides the point, the downgrade has already been done.

You can turn that off with one click, and the do the same thing in windows 8, so, imo, I think what you did was a mistake

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

You can turn that off with one click, and the do the same thing in windows 8, so, imo, I think what you did was a mistake

I think so too, that is why I am asking the people of the LTT forums for help, because nowhere on the internet has someone asked for assistance with this problem

if it is just the shortcuts that are broken then you'll just have to go around and re-link the shortcuts on your start menu and desktop if you happen to put any there. As for your driver issue the best way to fix that is to remove it then reinstall it you may have to go directly to the directory where the driver was installed normally C:\NVIDIA  unless you changed where to have it install.  A faster way maybe to just wipe and reinstall everything depending on how broken things are.  and if you liked the way windows 8/8.1 looked and felt you can turn the metro interface on forget where but it is there for people to use.