Windows 10 Tweaks and Debloating Tools [codeplex Repository]

Hello fellow Windows users and tweak geeks of the LTT forums!

I have spent the time since I upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 tweaking, modding and overall trying to make my windows exactly how I want it. A Unique and personalized operating system is, as I'm sure many of you will agree, something that is truly special and I would like to share the codeplex repository I have created to share the tweaks I have built for Windows 10 with you all.

Anybody who would like to host any of their tweaks or tools on this repository, please message me as I would be more than happy to share anybody's (safe) tweaks with the world.

Enjoy!

https://windows10tweaksanddebloat.codeplex.com/

The Windows 10 Tweaking and Debloating project

The goal of this project is to put all of the Windows 10 tweaks and tools in one place, as well as to provide an access platform for all the current and up-to-date debloating tools for Windows 10. This, in theory, will make it easier for all members of the windows community to come together and access, for free and without hassle, any tweaks or tools they may need to make their windows experience truly how they want it.

Currently only tweaks written by me exist however I hope that in future the Windows 10 community will reach out to me and allow me to put their projects on this page.

RULES: *No malware/spyware/rats etc. *Nothing that would disrupt the freedom of the user

DISCLOSURE (please read) I hold no accountability for anything that may happen to your system on use of these tools, they are unofficial tweaks and, therefore are making changes Microsoft have not ordinarily allowed the user to make in the GUI itself. Therefore take into account the risk factor involved in this before using any of these tools. I would HIGHLY suggest creating a system backup point before using any of these tweaks and backing up any personal data.

Edit #1 Added a reg tweak to change the system tray clock and calender

If you would like to visit the reddit post I first made about my project please visit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3ffn9j/windows_10_tweaks_and_debloating_tools_codeplex/

[yes I know I copy and pasted it over...shhh it's our little secret :)]

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I hope that my project has made yours, or someone you know's Windows 10 experience better!

regards,

- Dragoon

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I like the site and the start to it. One suggestion I would make it so provide more detail into what each tweak does under source code. Perhaps explain what the thing is that you're removing, disabling, etc. 

Has anyone found a way to change the colors of the taskbar/start menu yet? I'm not talking about the patheticly small selection of colors you can find in the settings. I want something like in Windows 7 where you can change the level of transparancy and color insentisty on a slider.

What I want is for the taskbar and start menu to be a very faint gray, and like 90% transparent.

Has anyone found a way to change the colors of the taskbar/start menu yet? I'm not talking about the patheticly small selection of colors you can find in the settings. I want something like in Windows 7 where you can change the level of transparancy and color insentisty on a slider.

What I want is for the taskbar and start menu to be a very faint gray, and like 90% transparent.

you can make your task bar transparent in the setting and

for the intensity and stuff 

http://winaero.com/blog/winaero-tweaker-0-3-0-1-is-out/

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Nope, not in there.

=/

it's there in the link i first provided 

or search Control Color in Run

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-change-window-border-color-in-windows-10/

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

it's there in the link i first provided 

or search Control Color in Run

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-change-window-border-color-in-windows-10/

Doesn't work for me. The color stays just as dark no matter what I set it to.

What I want is less color and more transparency so that the word "Hello!" becomes easier to read. No matter what settings I change it stays the same opacity level and color intensity.

If you can't find the word hello, it's in the bottom left right next to the "Color and Appeara..."

Maximum:

post-216-0-95661600-1438552487.png

Minimum:

post-216-0-33965000-1438552499.png

No difference in how easy it is to see the Hello.

post-216-0-95661600-1438552487.png

post-216-0-33965000-1438552499.png