Does anyone know a good way to prevent eye vision from getting worse/strained during gaming?

The topic says it all. My eyes have always been weak. I'm a student in high school and I game a lot and do lots of work for school. I also have a double monitor setup going and I'd like to find some ways to conserve eye vision and prevent strain. Lots of times after gaming my right eye is always red (my right eye is significantly weaker than left). Also, I do sit a reasonable distance away from my monitors and I do wear my prescription glasses. 

Also, take note that I am not willing to use programs such as f.lux because I don't want my monitors to have a dumb yellow tint so other people can see it. I'd like to find an alternative if possible. Might consider getting gaming glasses but I need just more ideas than that because I don't want to get lasik eye surgery one day, lol. Also advice such as eating certain foods (other than carrots) can be helpful. I just want to keep my vision the way it is or better so I can happily game and do my stuff.

You can lower the brightness of the monitor and turn on any lights. Worst thing to do is use a pc monitor in the dark. Also open curtains if u have a window in the room during the day.

I use gunnar glasses since I'm always on computers and they help, there is a software you can install but I don't do it since some computers aren't mine

I use f.lux, it changes the display brightness and color so its easier on your eyes.

Telling bad jokes since 1996

Intel i5 3470/ Asus P8B75-V / 8GB 1333mhz cheap ass Kingston Ram  / XFX R9 390 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB / Crucial MX 100 256GB / Antec EA650W / Samsung SyncMaster P2370 / Steelseries Apex [RAW] / Logitech G400s / NZXT Phantom White / Moto G 2015 8GB

Install lighting behind your monitors. I use IKEA LEDs and change the color depending on the time of day. Warmer colors during the day and purple during the evening. This is especially helpful during evening gaming.

Install lighting behind your monitors. I use IKEA LEDs and change the color depending on the time of day. Warmer colors during the day and purple during the evening. This is especially helpful during evening gaming.

How would that help? I have rgb leds installed in the back of my monitors already

Have a break for 5/10 minutes every so often?

CPU: AMD 7800X3D Motherboard: NZXT B650E RAM: 32GB 5600 30-CL Corsair Vengeance DDR5 GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 2070 PSU: Corsair RM850i Monitor: Samsung 27" 4K thing Cooling:Noctua Chromax Black NH-D15: Case: NZXT H510 Black

there's a 202020 rule. for every 20 minutes you are looking at a monitor, look at something 20ft away from 20 minutes. 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I've tried allsorts and nothing really helps my eyes,  The things I do however is try to make text bigger when possible and occasionally look out my window onto a building outside, this seems to  the most effective. 

Low brightness and high ambient light will help a lot. When you configure monitor, try to do it at evening and have all normal room lights on. That way it isn't too bright even if you have less lighting.

Another thing is to game for 1-2h at most and then have 30min break. Same goes to reading books. Also, if you read much from monitor, increase font size so you don't need to focus that much.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Buy Gunnar optics or install f.lux software.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

lower monitor brightness and a lightsource behind works pretty well. Also you can look at a wall every few mins and blink a bunch of times. In fact you appearntly blink a lot less when staring at a monitor then you do when you aren't staring at a monitor. Although with that said I don't think your vision can actually get worse from veiwing a monitor... short term eyestrain sure but not long term vision problems unless you're really going overboard and not sleeping for a few days.