NVidia Shield Tablet Recall

RobV

I preordered the LTE version of this tablet, and boy I loved it. After having it for about a month I hear a loud scream downstairs from my daughter. While rushing to see who could be murdering my family, the shields cover somehow disconnects from the tablet and it drops to the bottom of the stairs. It cracked the corner of the screen. I contacted nvidia on seeing if they could send me a replacement part or if it could be sent in to service. The optimistic representative seemed as if they were going to be a lot of help. He told me to call back tomorrow, so I did but they said "they regret to inform me.... blah blah blah"

Well now my tablet is up for recall and it always did get hot as a mother, but there's no input received through touch. Tried my shield controller but its been connected to the portable since then. 

NO TOUCH INPUT/NEED TO UPDATE SYSTEM/SUBMIT CLAIM - Any ideas?

Oh my 3 year old daughter was fine, just screaming for no reason

RiP Nvidia shield.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I preordered the LTE version of this tablet, and boy I loved it. After having it for about a month a hear a loud scream downstairs from my daughter. While rushing to see who could be murdering my family, the shields cover somehow disconnects from the tablet and it drops to the bottom of the stairs. It cracked the corner of the screen. I contacted nvidia on seeing if they could send me a replacement part or if it could be sent in to service. The optimistic representative seemed as if they were going to be a lot of help. He told me to call back tomorrow, so I did but they said "they regret to inform me.... blah blah blah"

Well now my tablet is up for recall and it always did get hot as a mother, but there's no input received through touch. Tried my shield controller but its been connected to the portable since then. 

NO TOUCH INPUT/NEED TO UPDATE SYSTEM/SUBMIT CLAIM - Any ideas?

Hmm... I would see it as a win/win situation actually (maybe). They're recalling it anyways so might aswell send it back, just hope one of the techs are perfectionists and decides to repair the whole thing as a whole! :D

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

old news.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

It's not news, its the problem. I know there's some way to use a pc to control an android device? 

It needs to be updated to the latest version, then nvidia downloads some app to determine for sure, so without the newest operating system they will not accept the claim. but everything else with my device meets the specifications.

This wasn't a news article.

doesn't mean that there wasn't a post about this in the last 15 minutes. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

My bad if someone had already posted this, I just got an email about it and I thought the LTT crowd would have a solution to revive all the money lost on this thing.

I bought the LTE version with all the accessaries, 2 controllers, and the cover. to get one month or so of use and then have it collect dust after contacting nvidia, because they wouldnt help either way.