How to get rid of this Dredol Search from google

Muleworx
Go to solution Solved by LittleCarrot,

Try Resetting to Factory Defaults, Here is how to do it:

* Click on Chrome’s main menu button, represented by three horizontal lines.When the drop-down menu appears, select the option labeled Settings.​

* Chrome’s Settings should now be displayed in a new tab or window, depending on your configuration. Next, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Show advanced settings link

* Chrome’s advanced Settings should now be displayed. Scroll down until the Reset browser settings section is visible, as shown in the example below. Next, click on the Reset browser settings button

* A confirmation dialog should now be displayed, detailing the components that will be restored to their default state should you continue on with the reset process. To complete the restoration process, click on the Reset button.

Hey everyone,

So I infected by this damn Dregol search. I got it from downloading something from a school link. go figure.. Anyways how did I get rid of it from google chrome? It is not shown in extensions. Every time I start chrome there is a dregol tab opens too..

Thank you,

Ryan  

did you try malware bytes or spybots?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

It might be a Extension, if so do the following:

Launch the Google Chrome Web browser on your computer.

Click the "Customize and Control Google Chrome" icon, which depicts a wrench, in the upper right corner of the browser window.

Move your mouse over "Tools" in the drop-down menu that appears below and click "Extensions" in the sub-menu that appears to the left.

Scroll down the list of extension names installed in Chrome until you see the one you want to disable. Click the "Disable" button below the extension name.

Restart Google Chrome to ensure that the extension has been completely disabled.

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

I ran my kaspersky and everything was fine.

I checked there and it wasnt even there to disable.

* Click on Chrome’s main menu button, represented by three horizontal lines.When the drop-down menu appears, select the option labeled Settings.​

* Chrome’s Settings should now be displayed in a new tab or window, depending on your configuration. Next, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Show advanced settings link

* Chrome’s advanced Settings should now be displayed. Scroll down until the Reset browser settings section is visible, as shown in the example below. Next, click on the Reset browser settings button

* A confirmation dialog should now be displayed, detailing the components that will be restored to their default state should you continue on with the reset process. To complete the restoration process, click on the Reset button.

- Albert Einstein

It might be a Extension, if so do the following:

Launch the Google Chrome Web browser on your computer.

Click the "Customize and Control Google Chrome" icon, which depicts a wrench, in the upper right corner of the browser window.

Move your mouse over "Tools" in the drop-down menu that appears below and click "Extensions" in the sub-menu that appears to the left.

Scroll down the list of extension names installed in Chrome until you see the one you want to disable. Click the "Disable" button below the extension name.

Restart Google Chrome to ensure that the extension has been completely disabl

Yea just tried that and still do not see it... thanks though

If all the above did not work, this should:

1. On the Start menu select Settings

2. In Settings, select System > Apps & features.

3. Select the program, and then select Uninstall.

4. Follow the directions on the screen

- Albert Einstein

That did the trick! Thank you!

Take a look at the properties of the shortcut you use to start google.  I have seen many of these search engines that add a line to the shortcut so it always opens a determined website.

You can try to run chrome's exe file directly, if it doesn't go to the website you want to get rid of, then the problem is in your shortcut.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

That did the trick! Thank you!

How did you make my answer the best answer? and mark your thread as solved.

Thanks

- Albert Einstein

How did you make my answer the best answer? and mark your thread as solved.

Thanks

When you click the "mark solved" next to quote at the bottom right. That what makes it green

Thansk for the info,

I recommend following this to see if it is still there:

If all the above did not work, this should:

1. On the Start menu select Settings

2. In Settings, select System > Apps & features.

3. Select the program, and then select Uninstall.

4. Follow the directions on the screen

- Albert Einstein