"Blizzard's new vision for Titan: 'unlikely' a subscription-based MMO"

TopWargamer

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/1/4580084/blizzard-working-on-new-direction-for-titan-project-unlikely-to-be'>Source (Polygon)

"We're in the process of selecting a new direction for the project and re-envisioning what we want the game to be," Morhaime said. "While we can't talk about the details yet, it is unlikely to be a subscription-based MMORPG."

I want to think of this as a nice thing, because there's people like who won't play a game that requires a monthly subscription, but at the same time, I'm very skeptical about the quality of the game. This is Blizzard we're talking about here, so I'm sure the game won't fall flat and be bad, but I dunno. We definitely need more information on this game. 

COMIC SANS

Blizzard are already putting microtransactions in World of Warcraft, a subscription based game.

I really don't want to imagine what they will do with a F2P or B2P game.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

I seriously think that lost of 600k player on WoW had got to do something with this.

I seriously think that lost of 600k player on WoW had got to do something with this.

Of course, they must save the sinking ship. People tend to forget that all Activision Blizzard has going for them currently is CoD, WoW and Skylanders. In terms of good revenue. Where as EA has a ton of blockbuster games.

I hope WoW loses even more subs, they have to understand that being the "jack of all trades" won't work out. They have to pick a direction and go that way. Trying to cater to everyone from 90 year olds to 12 year olds won't work.

The subs will probably surge to 10m+ if the next expansion is burning legion influenced with the return of illidan. A lot of old players will come back for a month or two.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

It will likely end up pay to win

Probably.

After all those lost subscriptions on WoW I can see why they would go down that road. But it must not become a next "Diablo 3". Meaning ^

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

Blizzard are already putting microtransactions in World of Warcraft, a subscription based game.

I really don't want to imagine what they will do with a F2P or B2P game.

The microtransactions are likely to be KR/CN region only. WoW is a pay-by-the-hour game there, not a monthly subscription. And, once again, the Q2 earnings report noted that the majority of lost players are in the Eastern market, not the Western market.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

The microtransactions are likely to be KR/CN region only. WoW is a pay-by-the-hour game there, not a monthly subscription. And, once again, the Q2 earnings report noted that the majority of lost players are in the Eastern market, not the Western market.

Dude, a subscribtion based game selling THIS for 12 euro:

QNHAGI6SF8BZ1373934213559.jpg

Is a little absurd if you ask me. There is no way to obtain these items in game other than buying them through the store.

Is a little absurd if you ask me. There is no way to obtain these items in game other than buying them through the store.

And how much bigger do they make your fireball?

Right, no bigger. Those armour pieces are no different to the mounts and pets you can buy. There is no way to obtain the trading card game tabards in-game and nobody gave a damn, I don't see why people are making such a fuss about some armour pieces that don't even look that great with the majority of transmog sets.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

As a long time WoW player that's kind of disappointing to be honest. Guess it wont be what I hoped for it to be anyways.

And how much bigger do they make your fireball?

Right, no bigger. Those armour pieces are no different to the mounts and pets you can buy. There is no way to obtain the trading card game tabards in-game and nobody gave a damn, I don't see why people are making such a fuss about some armour pieces that don't even look that great with the majority of transmog sets.

Because every single gear piece in the game is clipping with the other pieces. There is a lot of other broken stuff in the game that should get attention. Yet still they spend time creating these helmets.

That's why I am upset. And the majority of the other people aswell. Have you seen the recent tier sets? And PvP gear? Compare them to those from TBC and WoTLK. I mean seriously...

S13-Warrior-Horde.jpg

http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=1573

http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-sets?filter=cr=3;crs=5;crv=0#gallery:0

Those are the item sets with matching skins added to the game in Mists of Pandaria. There are another 800 or so from previous expansions. The classic, TBC and some of the wrath sets are for the most part much, much less detailed and use much fewer particle effects.

http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=1573

http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-sets?filter=cr=3;crs=5;crv=0#gallery:0

Those are the item sets with matching skins added to the game in Mists of Pandaria. There are another 800 or so from previous expansions. The classic, TBC and some of the wrath sets are for the most part much, much less detailed and use much fewer particle effects.

Less is more. Looking like a lightshow isn't necessarily good.

Oh, and the new player models? Where are they? Oh wait, must make new helmets to put in the store for 12 euro.

Less is more. Looking like a lightshow isn't necessarily good.

Oh, and the new player models? Where are they? Oh wait, must make new helmets to put in the store for 12 euro.

New player models would only be put in the game at a new expansion, there is no way they'd put them in the game mid-expansion.

New player models would only be put in the game at a new expansion, there is no way they'd put them in the game mid-expansion.

Of course, since it is a major selling point. But they were supposed to roll them out one by one. I guess the next expansion doesn't have much fresh content so they are forced to save the new player models until then.

Of course, since it is a major selling point. But they were supposed to roll them out one by one. I guess the next expansion doesn't have much fresh content so they are forced to save the new player models until then.

Look, I get that you don't like the game, or the way resources are spent on it. As to the content of the next expansion, well that is still under wraps.

Look, I get that you don't like the game, or the way resources are spent on it. As to the content of the next expansion, well that is still under wraps.

No, I loved the game, I just saw it slowly die infront of my eyes.

No, I loved the game, I just saw it slowly die infront of my eyes.

And yet it still has more active subscriptions than every other MMORPG added together. Not doing bad for a dead game.

And yet it still has more active subscriptions than every other MMORPG added together. Not doing bad for a dead game.

See, that is where you are wrong. WoW is the first mainstream MMORPG. It blew up, people grew attached to the game and their characters since they spent day in, day out getting equipment for their characters. A lot of WoW players have the game as the first game they ever played. The game is a load of shit compared to modern MMORPGs. People are just way too stuck up to leave a character they spent thousands of hours on to start from scratch in another game.

It released at the right time and got a huge following. A lot of people like Justin Bieber, and Gucci Mane. Does it mean they make good music?

I've had a sub to wow but I haven't put any real amount of hours into it since the beginning of cataclysm.  I've watched the game go steadily downhill in the direction the developers have taken it.

Of course, they must save the sinking ship. People tend to forget that all Activision Blizzard has going for them currently is CoD, WoW and Skylanders. In terms of good revenue. Where as EA has a ton of blockbuster games.

I hope WoW loses even more subs, they have to understand that being the "jack of all trades" won't work out. They have to pick a direction and go that way. Trying to cater to everyone from 90 year olds to 12 year olds won't work.

The subs will probably surge to 10m+ if the next expansion is burning legion influenced with the return of illidan. A lot of old players will come back for a month or two.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

They've had mounts and pets in the store since WotLK, when WoW was in its prime. This is nothing new, it's always had micro-transactions. And don't forget about the TCG that released in 2005! It has a shit ton of items that aren't obtainable in game that you can only get from BUYING cards, and it was out in TBC.

A blue even posted that the in-game store is only for Asian realms right now, and if they were to implement it into the US realms it would only offer what the current store offers as a means of convenience. Although I'm very skeptical about having the store IN the actual game in the first place as it may lead to them selling more and more items, I highly doubt it will ever become pay2win though. The only way it can be pay2win is letting people buy actual gear, everything else in the game is a trivial matter and does not help you "win" in any way.

I would prefer them not to have a store in-game, but I'm going to see where it goes before chucking a hissy fit.

Because they are testing the waters to transition to F2P...

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"