Start stop start PC

Tarou
Go to solution Solved by SkywardKkalox,

I push the power button and the I can hear/see the fans wind up, after a second they stop, after a few more seconds the pc starts up and there's one beep.

I googled this and it said it could be a problem woth my Mobo or even the ram :/

Can someone please shed light on the matter

Re-seat the RAM. Had this problem some months ago.

I push the power button and the I can hear/see the fans wind up, after a second they stop, after a few more seconds the pc starts up and there's one beep.

I googled this and it said it could be a problem woth my Mobo or even the ram :/

What are your Specs?

Oh sorry, hahahah abit tired.

CPU: i7-3770

MOBO: Asus Sabertooth z77

Ram: HyperX genesis 1600

SSD(OS): Intel 730

GPU: GTX 970

Oh sorry, hahahah abit tired.

CPU: i7-3770

MOBO: Asus Sabertooth z77

Ram: HyperX genesis 1600

SSD(OS): Intel 730

GPU: GTX 970

power supply?

Because he had a hard drive.

http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

these are the general beep codes

but it highly depends on your motherboard manufacturer, you should refer to your user manual and look for beep codes or post codes

Here is the description from Z77 Sabretooth Manual:

One short beep - VGA detected, Quick boot set to disabled, No keyboard detected

I suppose you have no keyboard attached?

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1155/SABERTOOTH_Z77/E7246_Sabertooth_Z77.zip

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Just tried this and it didn't work

Just tried this and it didn't work

Remove every stick of ram, and put every single one of them one by one on every slot of the motherboard, that would work better than what I first typed.

TL;DR: Put one stick on a slot and open the PC, if it does the same thing procced to the next slot with the same stick. Rinse and repeat with every stick.

Remove every stick of ram, and put every single one of them one by one on every slot of the motherboard, that would work better than what I first typed.

I only hav 2 sticks of 4Gb, I removed both and swapped them around and put them back in the two colour coded slots away from the CPU

I just saw the TL;DR part, I'll try this when I get home from my course cheers mate

I only hav 2 sticks of 4Gb, I removed both and swapped them around and put them back in the two colour coded slots away from the CPU

I just saw the TL;DR part, I'll try this when I get home from my course cheers mate

It is not a memory issue, if it would be a memory issue you would get one continious beep followed by four short beeps or an error message appear on the screen.

Please refer to user manual I linked above.

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

One short beep - VGA detected, Quick boot set to disabled, No keyboard detected

I suppose you have no keyboard attached?

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1155/SABERTOOTH_Z77/E7246_Sabertooth_Z77.zip

Hahahah I do have one attached, I guess it just gets power/gets recognised when it comes to the boot up where you can enter your Bios. Just installed the boot to bios rom the mobo cd the other day and I've had the PC for how long?

It is not a memory issue, if it would be a memory issue you would get one continious beep followed by four short beeps or an error message appear on the screen.

Please refer to user manual I linked above.

Cheers I'll have a good at that manual this weekend,

Maaaaaate I tried this again this afternoon and it works, straight off no starting/stopping/starting

Cheers everyone for your input

Glad to see we helped! :)

It's happening again

Sounds like you have some bad RAM sticks, mate.

Propably faulty RAM sticks, I'd replace them.

Lads. It sounds like I might have to upgrade to those nice looking z170 mobos and get me the new ram I need...