Wine Spilled onto my Steam Machine

So I had a party last weekend and a glass of white wine was spilled over the top of my steam machine.  As far as I can tell most of it didn't get into the machine but some of it definitely did.  Specifically in the SFX Power Supply. 

My question, now that it has been drying out for a few days, how should I go about testing things?

My plan was to disconnect the PS from everything internally and flip it on, is there a way I can safely test running a load through the power supply without either

1) electrocuting myself or

2) risking frying my motherboard and GPU?

Update:

I opened up the tower after 2 weeks (because I was busy and it wasn't my primary machine not because I thought waiting 2 weeks was needed, a few days probably would have been fine).  

Cleaned any residue I could find inside and tried to determine if anything critical had been spilled on.  Some wine had definitely gotten into the PSU.  

• I unplugged the motherboard, Hard Drive, and GPU
  • Connected a couple fans to the PSU.  
  • Then I shorted the 24 Pin to run PSU under light load (2 x 120mm fans, 1 x 80mm fan, and the fan in the PSU) for 20 minutes.  
  • After no issues cropped up I plugged everything back in and powered it up.

Everything is working fine.  In hindsight I may have been over cautious but I think the process was still a valuable test.

c) sell it because it is a steam machine 

/jk

Just open it up and let it dry in a dry room.

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

So I had a party last weekend and a glass of white wine was spilled over the top of my steam machine.  As far as I can tell most of it didn't get into the machine but some of it definitely did.  Specifically in the SFX Power Supply. 

My question, now that it has been drying out for a few days, how should I go about testing things?

My plan was to disconnect the PS from everything internally and flip it on, is there a way I can safely test running a load through the power supply without either

a) electrocuting myself or

B) risking frying my motherboard and GPU?

i would reampve the powersupply and inspect it at least

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

Open it and let it dry for a couple of days.

classiest way to kill a PC ihmo.

make sure it hasnt gotten on anything else. may want to give it a bit longer to dry out, because the PSU is the most risky thing to have water. mobo has water on it? probably just wont start. water in psu? fries things. 

1) electrocuting myself or

2) risking frying my motherboard and GPU?

Do you have a warranty on the psu?

Wine Spilled onto my Steam Machine

Will there be a second date?

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

Open it and let it dry for a couple of days.

i would reampve the powersupply and inspect it at least

Yeah I should add, it has been drying out since Saturday night, and I will probably let it go a little longer too, and a physical inspection will be happening for sure, but I don't want to open up the power supply itself because I am a coward :-P 

Fortunately with the orientation of the spill nothing was able to pool or sit, and we all saw it happen right away so we were able to react accordingly (I may or may not have been screaming like Ellaria Sand as it was happening).  Unfortunately the machine was on at the time, I pulled the power immediately and there was no smoke initially so I am optimistic.

Do you have a warranty on the psu?

No I am about 4 months out of the manufacturer warranty... I think I will double check though.

c) sell it because it is a steam machine 

/jk

Just open it up and let it dry in a dry room.

Yeah I built this thing like a week after the Beta was released the public and as functional as it has been everytime I have a controller issue, or some new fancy game won't work I am tempted to just throw windows on it... but I am cheap... and it TECHNICALLY works... well worked.  If I end up having to rebuild I will probably put some money in the budget for a copy of Windows.

If it was off when the spill happened, I'd take apart where I suspected the fluid to now be resting and clean it out, then dry it for a decent amount of time.