Windows 10 "This update is not applicable for your computer."

Arvizal
Go to solution Solved by samcool55,

The issue is, I don't even see the upgrader. :/

GO to C:\Windows\System32 and search for a map called GWX

if it is not there, you haven't installed the update yet, so keep installing updates until the map is there.

If the folder is there with some files, and you can't see the notification, try this

Search for task schedular (or something like that) and go to Microsoft > Windows > Setup > GWXTriggers

There should be 1 task in there, right click it and run it, it might take a while for it to complete, but when it is complete you should have the icon appear in the tray where it should be.

Basically, I found a direct download link to the Windows 10 updater, on a PC I built just yesterday. It comes up with the error,  "This update is not applicable for your computer." I have Windows 8.1 Pro, a ASUS R9 390, and an i5 4690K @ 4ghz. My computer is definitely capable of running Windows 10, so what's the issue here? There's no mention of the 8.1 pro edition not being able to update to 10, so what is the issue, exactly. (Yes, this is registered copy of Windows.) Should I just wait for the 29th, because I really do want to get it ASAP.

Thanks!

i dont think you can get it before the 29 unless you want the insiders version

Did the w10 upgrader already checked your pc?

It's possible you might fix it by resetting it and re-checking your pc.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

i dont think you can get it before the 29 unless you want the insiders version

There should be an updater in my taskbar, idk what version of the OS you get from it, but what I'm saying is that I should be able to get that version, and I cant.. :/

The update to outsiders non-insiders will come on the 29th (and beyond) afaik...

Basically, I found a direct download link to the Windows 10 updater, on a PC I built just yesterday. It comes up with the error,  "This update is not applicable for your computer." I have Windows 8.1 Pro, a ASUS R9 390, and an i5 4690K @ 4ghz. My computer is definitely capable of running Windows 10, so what's the issue here? There's no mention of the 8.1 pro edition not being able to update to 10, so what is the issue, exactly. (Yes, this is registered copy of Windows.) Should I just wait for the 29th, because I really do want to get it ASAP.

Thanks!

Do you have your OS up to date with all the latest microsoft updates through windows update? You will need to if you haven't.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Do you have your OS up to date with all the latest microsoft updates through windows update? You will need to if you haven't.

I'm running the updater now, I'll see how that goes. 

Did the w10 upgrader already checked your pc?

It's possible you might fix it by resetting it and re-checking your pc.

if it is not there, you haven't installed the update yet, so keep installing updates until the map is there.

If the folder is there with some files, and you can't see the notification, try this

Search for task schedular (or something like that) and go to Microsoft > Windows > Setup > GWXTriggers

There should be 1 task in there, right click it and run it, it might take a while for it to complete, but when it is complete you should have the icon appear in the tray where it should be.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Cool, that worked! Thanks a ton!