Looking for a Laptop/2-in-1/Ultrabook for Upcoming 4-month study abroad term in Europe

SilentWolf

Well, I suppose the title says it all.

I suppose I do need something quite portable, but I'm not sure about how much battery life I'll need. I will be taking trains often to get from place-to-place and will obviously have to have the 6+ hour flight from the US to Europe. It would be nice to be able to stop in a nice park and maybe work on some homework.

For this situation, would an ultrabook or a 2-in-1 be best? Or maybe a tablet?

At this point, my budget is about $1000

If you guys have any specific suggestions, that'd be great too.

Thank you 

Ahh, can't help in this, but if I was you get a 13inch ultrabook with dedicated graphics, with that you get decent horsepower and batterry life, if your only studying then the regular i5 ultrabook will be fine. @SilentWolf

Xeon 1231 v3/ H81m - P33 / 8GB Corsair Vengeance/ GTX 950/ Fractal Design Core 1000.

ux305? :D

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

If you need GPU horsepower, then Asus UX303LN/LB.

If you don't, then Asus UX305, which is quite cheaper than the rest.

If you want to spend more, then the Dell XPS 13.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

You have many options. Assuming you have a little cash to burn. These are the best choices IMO.

All these picks will provide you roughly 6+ hours of normal usage. All ultra-thin and light weight. The Air I believe surpasses a bit better in battery life and harware. Not to mention you can have both OSX and Windows installed on it at the same time.

Thanks everyone!

I've been looking at the Yoga 3 Pro for a little while now, and was wondering what the main difference was between the normal Yoga 3 and the Yoga 3 Pro? Is it the screen?

And I won't really need the dedicated graphics. Good integrated graphics is fine at this point, I'm not exactly looking for a gaming laptop.

Update: If I can find the 3200 x 1800 display version of the Asus Zenbook UX305, I'm sold on that.