minor concern of longevity for parts due to running F@H @ is under very heavy load when afk

i am kinda worried for my longevity of my parts since i run F@H for good things and idk if i should be worried. I have a 4690K and a 970. Originally my pc was for gaming but i am running F@H daily. Under Load the CPU reaches 70 celsius max due to heat from gpu coming to the cpu heat sink otherwise it's 60 Celsius under load. im not worried about heat but the constant work cycle. 

i am kinda worried for my longevity of my parts since i run F@H for good things and idk if i should be worried. I have a 4690K and a 970. Originally my pc was for gaming but i am running F@H daily. Under Load the CPU reaches 70 celsius max due to heat from gpu coming to the cpu heat sink otherwise it's 60 Celsius under load. im not worried about heat but the constant work cycle. 

well we don't know how long it was going to last if you were not to f@h so it hard to say. you are only going to get so much life out of it anyways, years normally. when did you plan to upgrade? 3 years, very good chance it will last 3 years or more because most do. in the gpu most of the caps are good for 5 years. honestly i wouldn't worry. i think intel is .999% sure its going to last whatever they say the "lifetime " is and for enterprise grade stuff its .9999% but they don't travel in time and as much as i love stats nothing is harder to predict than the future. 

well we don't know how long it was going to last if you were not to f@h so it hard to say. you are only going to get so much life out of it anyways, years normally. when did you plan to upgrade? 3 years, very good chance it will last 3 years or more because most do. in the gpu most of the caps are good for 5 years. honestly i wouldn't worry. i think intel is .999% sure its going to last whatever they say the "lifetime " is and for enterprise grade stuff its .9999% but they don't travel in time and as much as i love stats nothing is harder to predict than the future. 

im thinking 2 years. the cpu is gonna last for a very long time but the gpu probably gonna swap in 2-3 years. gtx 580's are still good today lol.

EDIT: could use my gtx 970 for a secondary build for backup or for someone else

Edited by Colt_0pz

im thinking 2 years. the cpu is gonna last for a very long time but the gpu probably gonna swap in 2-3 years. gtx 580's are still good today lol.

thats what i'm thinking too. most the components that go into this crap, they have been making for awhile so they know how to do it as long as they company doesn't cheap out of something. i can't say what they test statically, as in how many hours a day they test that goes into "we will guarantee the product for 2-3 year" (most gpu's). so they're not going to lose money on the product, so it has been engineered to last as long as that time with some certainty 95% or more (i don't really know, i'm sure its better).   with that you can kinda take that as a very rough estimate of about how long it should last. a better way would be look at each component and find the one most likely to fail, a poorly placed vrm or a capacitor rated for 30c ect.   

Please review the FAQ on this, there is a section that talk about this.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99