Beyerdynamic dt770 with modmic or MMX 300

Since nobody answers my question on how to make a poll(no, not strawpoll pls)......

since the MMX300 is a fair bit more expensive than the dt 770 I am thinking about buying a used pair of 770 and attaching a modmic instead of buying the MMX 300s. I know that they come with a truly excellent mic but I'd just like to keep the price down a little bit.

What do you think would it be better to just pay the price and get the MMX 300

or

do the modmic dt 770 combo.

In terms of dt 770 I also have multiple options impedance-wise. I am not really experienced but as far as I know more Ohms means tighter base but also more power needed to drive them --> amp

What would you go for and why?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Why the 770s? They are closed-back headphones, you know that right?

More olhms does not mean tighter bass, pretty much completely on the headphones. I would get the DT 770 and modmic.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

The DT line up is all pretty easy to drive regardless of the ohm variations.

Get whichever is cheapest ohm wise.

To answer your previous question it's up to you but the extra cables for the mod mic can be annoying.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

Why the 770s? They are closed-back headphones, you know that right?

Ahhmm...?? Yes... I know that. Why are you asking

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

More olhms does not mean tighter bass, pretty much completely on the headphones. I would get the DT 770 and modmic.

What does it mean then? How amyn Ohms would you target?

3.Use

The DT line up is all pretty easy to drive regardless of the ohm variations.

Get whichever is cheapest ohm wise.

To answer your previous question it's up to you but the extra cables for the mod mic can be annoying.

You can tape it to the heaphones cable. Should solve the problem, right?

EDIT: Pretty easy to drive means... I would not even need an amp for the 80Ohms version.

just in case: Can you tell me what effect the number of Ohms have. I just know that between the impedance of you source and your driver should be at least factor 6.... or I have heard that.

Shoudl I even consider the 250Ohms version?

3.Use

What does it mean then? How amyn Ohms would you target?

You shouldn't look at the olm's to see how they perform, because there's amazing headphones with low olm's and the same can be said with one's with high olmn's. You should just leave olm's out of the equation and look at the sound signature and the headphones themselves to find the best fit.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

You shouldn't look at the olm's to see how they perform, because there's amazing headphones with low olm's and the same can be said with one's with high olmn's. You should just leave olm's out of the equation and look at the sound signature and the headphones themselves to find the best fit.

Ok, I got it

Just... what point is there in producing multiple variants of these then?

EDIT: I read a very good explanation in german so my questions about impendance and accuracy are answered.

3.Use

Ok, I got it

Just... what point is there in producing multiple variants of these then?

Well it's not that Olm's arn't important, there still used in some way to determine the resistance but there's so many other thing's you have to take into consideration when looking at how hard they are to power to full volume. However if you look at Olm's and dB/w in the same line, then it could give you a better look at how hard a particular headphone is to drive compared to something in the same line. You shouldn't forgot about Olm's but you shouldn't base a headphone decision off that as well is what I'm trying to say.