Stolen tweets will be deleted

jos

coming up with a grade-A tweet isn't easy. That's why some people just copy good tweets from other people and act like they came up with the 140-character witticism on their own. This has been going on since the beginning of Twitter.

It now appears Twitter is using its legal authority to crack down on these tweet-stealers. A number of tweets have been deleted on copyright grounds for apparently stealing a bad joke.

One user says -

I simply explained to Twitter that as a freelance writer I make my living writing jokes (and I use some of my tweets to test out jokes in my other writing). I then explained that as such, the jokes are my intellectual property, and that the users in question did not have my permission to repost them without giving me credit.

I know many who does this.. Once I did a tweet and after few days I saw someone whom I follow with same tweet

Source :http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/25/9039127/twitter-deletes-stolen-joke-dmca-takedown

But, the dmca trolls... OH god, no, not on twitter... NO

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

GG Freedom of speech

oh god, dmca has taken over twitter. fuck you

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

GG Freedom of speech

EXACTLY

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

But, the dmca trolls... OH god, no, not on twitter... NO

Imagine DMCA in LTT

Oh wait...

Facebook need to do this. There's one girl i know where every single status she puts is copied from somewhere else, and even edits it slightly to make it look as though she wrote it. Mosty cringe worthy place ever. 

I simply explained to Twitter that as a freelance writer I make my living writing jokes

I have all the confidence in the world that freelancers writing jokes on Twitter are replicated in the thousands.  And not because they are copying one another, but you can only write a joke about a barista getting an order wrong while these hipsters write their screenplays at coffee shops.