Strange use of tablet...

DaGameFace

So, my friend wants a tablet to do artwork on, I was telling him he should be getting what’s called a graphics tablet; they are designed specifically for that.

Simple enough right? Nope

After he looked into it (knowing him very briefly) he said he didn’t like that graphics tablets didn’t have built in displays, just a touchpad. And he didn’t want to spend a lot of money on a good graphics tablet that does have a screen built in.

So now what he wants to do is buy a Toshiba Encore 2, He seems convinced he will be able to use it as an input device and a screen for his desktop. I told him that I doubt anything short of teamviewer will let him do that but he will not listen, keeps blathering on about it having a mini hdmi port...

Any ideas of what he should do?

the nvidia shield has a great drawing app and functionality...

idk if it can be used with a desktop though

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

So, my friend wants a tablet to do artwork on, I was telling him he should be getting what’s called a graphics tablet; they are designed specifically for that.

Simple enough right? Nope

After he looked into it (knowing him very briefly) he said he didn’t like that graphics tablets didn’t have built in displays, just a touchpad. And he didn’t want to spend a lot of money on a good graphics tablet that does have a screen built in.

So now what he wants to do is buy a Toshiba Encore 2, He seems convinced he will be able to use it as an input device and a screen for his desktop. I told him that I doubt anything short of teamviewer will let him do that but he will not listen, keeps blathering on about it having a mini hdmi port...

Any ideas of what he should do?

let him learn the hard way lol 

but seriously , he could use something like sketchbook to draw with. or try harder to make him get a proper graphic tablet 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

A standard tablet isn't exactly a good platform for any serious artist. 

http://www.wacom.com/en-us/products/pen-displays

Something like those are what hes looking for. I honestly suggest a small pen tablet though... they're cheap and not as hard to adapt to as you would think.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

http://www.wacom.com/en-us/products/pen-displays

Something like those are what hes looking for. I honestly suggest a small pen tablet though... they're cheap and not as hard to adapt to as you would think.

ive used one of those , and omg they are amazing *-* .... too bad it wasn't mine lol 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

I honestly suggest a small pen tablet though... they're cheap and not as hard to adapt to as you would think.

let him learn the hard way lol 

but seriously , he could use something like sketchbook to draw with. or try harder to make him get a proper graphic tab

First of all that tablet has pretty decent pen functionality,

Second, just had a though, Theres nothing wrong with the teamviewer thing minus the lag, but what if he gets a micro usb to eithernet and just lans his PC to the tablet? I know that can be done...

First of all that tablet has pretty decent pen functionality,

Second, just had a though, Theres nothing wrong with the teamviewer thing minus the lag, but what if he gets a micro usb to eithernet and just lans his PC to the tablet? I know that can be done...

I mean, it might work. I can't say I've heard of many people doing it. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

I mean, it might work. I can't say I've heard of many people doing it. 

i think for under $200 its worth a shot...