I have saved up some money this summer and am looking to build a computer for $1000. I would like some advice on whether the parts I choose are worth my money and will deliver the performance I'm looking for. I plan to game on this computer, mostly games like CS:GO, World of Tanks, Minecraft, H1Z1/DayZ, ARK: Survival Evolved, and maybe a few big titles like GTA, Battlefield, and the Borderlands series. I do not livestream, or edit content. The only other thing I will use this computer for is watching movies, doing school related work, and maybe streaming games from my Xbox One once Windows 10 is released. Thank you.

Things to note:

-I prefer water cooling.

-The Samsung hard drive I plan to use for storage is from an external hard drive that's no longer used.

-I really don't want to spend above $200 on a graphics card.

-I've already bought the case because it was cheap on Newegg.

-The PSU needs to be fully modular. I like tidiness.

-I need an ODD

-I will only buy my parts from Newegg, Amazon, or Best Buy.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Qz4d7P

*****EDIT*****

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZFKpvK

If you are going to spend $1000 on a computer, don't limit yourself to $200 on the graphics card, go with a GTX 970 for around $330

Why no more than $200 on a video card? Why only Amazon, Best Buy, and Newegg when things are cheaper elsewhere?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($229.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($125.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury White 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($56.99 @ Mac Mall)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($97.95 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  ($329.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1025.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-20 21:28 EDT-0400

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ NCIX US)

CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 87.0 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ NCIX US)

Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($145.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($57.89 @ OutletPC)

Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($84.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.88 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card ($329.98 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($64.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $1013.70

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-20 21:27 EDT-0400 a 390 is faster then a 970 in every way.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

If you are going to spend $1000 on a computer, don't limit yourself to $200 on the graphics card, go with a GTX 970 for around $330

I suppose it might be worth the extra money in the long run. What about the R9 390?

Too bad for you, because you are going to get a  gaming pc that can't be as powerful as it can be if you don't spend over 200 on the GPU............ Now, I say a GTX 970 :D I5 4690k, some Z97 mobo of your choice.. ect. I also say if you want to watercool I say you should get Corsair's new H100i gtx 240mm watercooler for the cpu :D

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5
I like outdoor warning sirens. Ask me anything about them.

Too bad for you, because you are going to get a  gaming pc that can't be as powerful as it can be if you don't spend over 200 on the GPU............ Now, I say a GTX 970 :D I5 4690k, some Z97 mobo of your choice.. ect. I also say if you want to watercool I say you should get Corsair's new H100i gtx 240mm watercooler for the cpu :D

I think I'll go with a R9 390, and a Noctua cooler for my cpu. Does the new build look good? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XgwcsY

I think I'll go with a R9 390, and a Noctua cooler for my cpu. Does the new build look good? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XgwcsY

Hmm, you are over your original budget, and you are not buying from the stores you mentioned.

I'm too confused.

7800X3D - MSI B650 MAG Tomahawk - 32GB 6000mhz CL30 - Gigabyte 3080 TI - 2TB NVME - 1000w PSU - ID Cooling 240mm AIO

Hmm, you are over your original budget, and you are not buying from the stores you mentioned.

I'm too confused.

I've decided that I'm probably not going to buy the graphics card right away. Without the gpu the build is about $775. I'm a high school student working a part time job so spending this kind of money is a big deal to me. Gaming is not the #1 priority right now. My first priority is to get my own reliable computer built ASAP, so I can stop using this shitty old Vista desktop from 2008. Once school starts I won't be getting a lot of work hours so only spending $775 will leave me with some extra money for the rest of the summer. Also, I've read up on NCIX, and they seem reliable so I'll add them to my merchants. I hope you see where I'm coming from.

Oh whoops.. sorry for late reply.. But do you already have that Samsung Hard drive.. or are you yet to buy it.. its a good build, but If that HDD cost any more then 60 bucks.. don't buy it, the extra 500gb of storage won't be worth it at all :/ It is a oldish seeming drive, and its slow, I have a really old WD 1tb Drive in my system, AND IT SUCKS(thank god windows is on my 128gb ssd).

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5
I like outdoor warning sirens. Ask me anything about them.

Oh whoops.. sorry for late reply.. But do you already have that Samsung Hard drive.. or are you yet to buy it.. its a good build, but If that HDD cost any more then 60 bucks.. don't buy it, the extra 500gb of storage won't be worth it at all :/ It is a oldish seeming drive, and its slow, I have a really old WD 1tb Drive in my system, AND IT SUCKS(thank god windows is on my 128gb ssd).

The Samsung hard drive is from an external hard drive that ended up having a bad usb port. It only has about 400 hours on it so it's still a good, healthy, drive. May not be the fastest, but it'll do for now.

Very good build, you might let the cooler to buy later too since you wont get you GPU right away

buy from ncix and price match

I've read mixed reviews about NCIX US. Not sure how I feel about buying from them.

i live in c

I've read mixed reviews about NCIX US. Not sure how I feel about buying from them.

i live in canada and buy everything from them. no problems in the last 4 years. price match is king. newegg is too expensive

BigDay