Good looking headphones that also sound nice and will not kill the bank

2chriswy

So I'm in Australia and I'm looking to spend $300 on a pair of cans to be used with my 6 plus. I'm looking for something that looks nice but doesn't have that super bass that a lot of they have.

''FX-9590 Hotter than lava''

"will not kill the bank"

"$300"

PM0QORL_700wa_0.gif

these might be too cheap for your liking, but i like them http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50x-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR86

CPUIntel Core i7-4790K 4.8GHz Moherboard: MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition Memory: HyperX FURY White 24GB DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus GTX 970 Turbo

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750w SSD: Crucial MX200 250GB HDDWB Blue 1TB Monitor: (2x) BenQ GL2460HM 24-Inch Case: NZXT S340 White

"will not kill the bank"

"$300"

I have been looking on mass drop and all the decent cans on there are like 700 atm.

I assume this will need to be mobile, i.e. closed-back, but it would help if you clarified those kinds of things up front.

I assume this will need to be mobile, i.e. closed-back, but it would help if you clarified those kinds of things up front.

Yeh whoops forgot bit tired atm closed would be needed.

Well for a warm sounding headphone the Sony mdr 1a is a great option.

Another great option is the nad viso hp 50

the sonys have terrible isolation though, from what I've heard.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Yea they're sound isolation isn't very good( kinda forgot about that).

If the op don't mind a really comfortable on ear the beyerdynamic dt1350 are outstanding.

Do they have to be full size, or can you do some IEMs?

So I'm in Australia and I'm looking to spend $300 on a pair of cans to be used with my 6 plus. I'm looking for something that looks nice but doesn't have that super bass that a lot of they have.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I am using jaybird bluebuds x with my phone.

They cost 130-150$

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

The requirements are closed, under 300, portable, looks good and powered from a 6 plus correct?

V-Moda M100

Beyerdynamic T51P

KEF M500

Sennheiser Momentum 2.0

PSB M4U 1

Focal Spirit One

If you're looking to wear it while walking around might want to get IEMs instead, or if you mainly listen at home get an open back headphone. Imo, there aren't many good closed back headphones until you reach at least Mrs.Speakers Alpha Dog or Fostex Th-900 tier.

AKG 550?

wish i could find they here in aus

The requirements are closed, under 300, portable, looks good and powered from a 6 plus correct?

V-Moda M100

Beyerdynamic T51P

KEF M500

Sennheiser Momentum 2.0

PSB M4U 1

Focal Spirit One

If you're looking to wear it while walking around might want to get IEMs instead, or if you mainly listen at home get an open back headphone. Imo, there aren't many good closed back headphones until you reach at least Mrs.Speakers Alpha Dog or Fostex Th-900 tier.

i would get iem's again but the doctor said not to use them because of an ear canal problem

The MDR-1A is pretty much more natural looking in the looks department.

I own the HP-50's and I've got alot of people who've given me a "what the fuck is that?" look.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

wish i could find they here in aus

i would get iem's again but the doctor said not to use them because of an ear canal problem

The T51 or the Audio Technica M40x would be a good one.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.