old laptop suggested uses

Tac127

so i have a bunch of old laptops (like 4) and i am trying to figure out what to do with them one i have installed linux mint on but it is still not very useful but the one i am concetrating on today has a few issues wifi is broken so it needs to be connected via etherent, it has no battery and these are the specs:

core2 duo t5500 @1.66ghz

2gb ram

windows vista

and about 91gb of hd space left

any suggestions?

Paper weight.

CPU: AMD 7800X3D Motherboard: NZXT B650E RAM: 32GB 5600 30-CL Corsair Vengeance DDR5 GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 2070 PSU: Corsair RM850i Monitor: Samsung 27" 4K thing Cooling:Noctua Chromax Black NH-D15: Case: NZXT H510 Black

You can use it as a router, so you can use it as a firewall instead of having a chrome extention.

Paper weight.

im pretty shure it has a better use than that

Paper weight.

B)

CPU:Intel Core i3 3210 Mobo:MSI B75MA-E33  GPU:Intel 2500 HD Graphics  SSD:Adata SP600 128gb  HDD:Seagate 1tb 7200rpm  

PSU:Corsair CX430   Case:Antec ASK4000bU3  Monitor:Dell S2240l 21.5 inch 1080p

You can use the displays and combine them together, which should be possible. You could also take the CPUs out and see if there is a four-socket motherboard that supports your type of cpu. You can use the laptop speakers by ripping them out and rewiring them as jacks. You could take the ram and combine them into one laptop. You could take the fans out and t]put them in your desktop.

should i install linux or just leave vista on

Linux would probably be faster but less supported...

And vista! RU SRS?!?

so i have a bunch of old laptops (like 4) and i am trying to figure out what to do with them one i have installed linux mint on but it is still not very useful but the one i am concetrating on today has a few issues wifi is broken so it needs to be connected via etherent, it has no battery and these are the specs:

core2 duo t5500 @1.66ghz

2gb ram

windows vista

and about 91gb of hd space left

any suggestions?

Sell them or use as a HTPC.

give them to me

jk

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

us it as a audio recording laptop, thats the use of my old laptop because it has a stereo input which my new one hasn't

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

im pretty shure it has a better use than that

If you can make a cup of tea in the time it takes to boot.

Then it is a paperweight.

CPU: AMD 7800X3D Motherboard: NZXT B650E RAM: 32GB 5600 30-CL Corsair Vengeance DDR5 GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 2070 PSU: Corsair RM850i Monitor: Samsung 27" 4K thing Cooling:Noctua Chromax Black NH-D15: Case: NZXT H510 Black