Which graphics card should i choose? I mostly just play games but I also do some video editing in premiere pro.

Go to solution Solved by Prysin,

No i live in sweden and both cards cost 4000 swedish crowns which is about 468 US dollars.

komplett or another shop?

if 390X is the same, buy it. its WAY better then 970 by every measurable manner.

You can OC the 970 to catch up or beat a stock 390x, but then again you can OC a 390X to beat a OC970 with ease

Okay so it's finally time to upgrade my pc. But i don't know which graphics card I should choose. I was going to buy a gtx 970 but i've read that the 970 can't use the cuda cores in premiere pro. But a friend of mine recently bought a gtx 970 and he is more then happy how fast that card can render videos.  My psu is a evga g2 750w so it's able to handle both cards. Also the price are about the same for both cards in my country. So will the 390X do a better job with video editing in premiere pro then a gtx 970?

For gaming performance R9 390x for sure, for video editing I cant answer.

Spoiler

Main PC: CPU Xeon E3-1231 V3 - MB Asrock B85M Pro3 - RAM 16GB Kingston - GPU GTX 1070 Gainward Phoenix - PSU Corsair AX760i - Monitor  LG 22EA63 - Keyboard Corsair Strafe - Mouse Logitech G402 - Storage 2x3TB WD Green - 240GB OCZ SSD

Adobe products run just fine on AMD, so no issues there.

I think you are confusing the 390X with the 390.

the 390 is a 330 USD card, similar to 970. The 390X is a 450 USD card and is meant as a budget solution to the 980.

Adobe products run just fine on AMD, so no issues there.

I think you are confusing the 390X with the 390.

the 390 is a 330 USD card, similar to 970. The 390X is a 450 USD card and is meant as a budget solution to the 980.

No i live in sweden and both cards cost 4000 swedish crowns which is about 468 US dollars.

if 390X is the same, buy it. its WAY better then 970 by every measurable manner.

You can OC the 970 to catch up or beat a stock 390x, but then again you can OC a 390X to beat a OC970 with ease

What CPU do you Have?

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Netonnet they have a sapphire 390x for the price i mention earlier.

Ah, usually stick to Komplett or Amazon.com here in norway...

Well we have both Netonnet and Webhallen here in town so I stick to them just because its easier to go to the store, buy what you want. You don't have to wait for the package to arrive :P

Well we have both Netonnet and Webhallen here in town so I stick to them just because its easier to go to the store, buy what you want. You don't have to wait for the package to arrive :P

I live 15 minutes from Kompletts head office and my company has a lot of work for Komplett so me or colleagues is there often :P