AMD FX 9590.

Read the amazon reviews for this. one guy was saying how he swapped back to his 4790k because after he changed from the 9590 to it. it kept crashing. (wonder if he reinstalled windows ?) 

In truth some of the reviews are saying this is a good cpu when in fact its not its 190 Pounds which is 296 USD. i wish i could make the people who buy it understand.

PS. i am not a Intel Fanboy. 

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

an i5 destroys it in games anyway.

an i5 destroys it in games anyway.

thats what i thought people just see 4.7 GHZ and 8 cores and think it must be the best 

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Read the amazon reviews for this. one guy was saying how he swapped back to his 4790k because after he changed from the 9590 to it. it kept crashing. (wonder if he reinstalled windows ?) 

In truth some of the reviews are saying this is a good cpu when in fact its not its 190 Pounds which is 296 USD. i wish i could make the people who buy it understand.

its a decent cpu when its used for its intended purpose, i doubt that the cpu was the issue for the crashing, it was probably trying to run intel drivers or something stupid

Tell us something we don't already know. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

its a decent cpu when its used for its intended purpose, i doubt that the cpu was the issue for the crashing, it was probably trying to run intel drivers or something stupid

No it isn't. You're paying just under £90 for an overclock -- the 8320 costs £108.

its really not decent 

No, it's damn expensive for what it is. It's just an overclocked, very power hungry and hot 8320. 

Tell us something we don't already know. :P

thought this would be the case if only the people who bought this did. they could have saved there self a whole lot of dissapointment

Depends allot on where you gonne use that chip for.

There are scenario´s in which its exaly a great chip.

However the massive heat output, and higher powerconsumption, means that you need a damm good motherboard and decent cooling.

Depends allot on where you gonne use that chip for.

There are scenario´s in which its exaly a great chip.

However the massive heat output, and higher powerconsumption, means that you need a damm good motherboard and decent cooling.

are those scenarios if you want to waste money, power and heat up the room allot ?

are those scenarios if you want to waste money, power and heat up the room allot ?

ah okay, you are on that level.

Doesnt make sense to continue the discussion i guess. lol :)

ah okay, you are on that level.

Doesnt make sense to continue the discussion i guess. lol :)

ahah i was joking what scenarios do you think its good in 

I7 - 4770k or I7 - 4790k > FX 9590 any day! Save yourself money, buy a heater not this CPU to heats up your room. 

The 100% across all 8x cores type workloads.

PURE Multi-threaded nature apps only.

/Render farms being 100% across all cores and such.....all day and night, pegged at 100%.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Virtualization for example.

And certain productivity tasks.

haha :P

thought this would be the case if only the people who bought this did. they could have saved there self a whole lot of dissapointment

Very true. I hope the Athlon X4 860K I'm getting is worth the $70 or whatever it costs.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

It's good, but other things do it better for cheaper. It is a worthless piece of tech to be 100% blunt.

The 100% across all 8x cores type workloads.

PURE Multi-threaded nature apps only.

/Render farms being 100% across all cores and such.....all day and night, pegged at 100%.

Then get a Xeon. It's cheaper, it's faster, it uses less power, it runs cooler, etc. etc. etc.

Virtualization for example.

And certain productivity tasks.

haha :P

A Xeon E3 1231v3 will do it better, because things like that are what they're made for; support ECC RAM, can be put on cheaper motherboards, and still perform worlds better in gaming. The 9XXX AMD processors are a joke for the price.

If you want an 8 module processor from AMD get an 8XXX series and overclock it. The 9XXX doesn't make sense.

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

It's good, but other things do it better for cheaper. It is a worthless piece of tech to be 100% blunt.

Then get a Xeon. It's cheaper, it's faster, it uses less power, it runs cooler, etc. etc. etc.

A Xeon E3 1231v3 will do it better, because things like that are what they're made for; support ECC RAM, can be put on cheaper motherboards, and still perform worlds better in gaming. The 9XXX AMD processors are a joke for the price.

If you want an 8 module processor from AMD get an 8XXX series and overclock it. The 9XXX doesn't make sense.

8 module is the server CPU, 4 module is the 8XXX series.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

8 module is the server CPU, 4 module is the 8XXX series.

4 "core" 8 "module" (because they share the same floating point and cache) is the 8XXX and 9XXX series from AMD I thought. The Xeon is a 4core with Hyperthreading (virtual 8 core). Or am I mistaken?

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

I was explaining only that its uses are 100% type workloads and nothing much more,.. I wouldn't touch one with a 50ft pole myself, and would get a Xeon, but that wasn't the thing in question.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I was explaining only that its uses are 100% type workloads and nothing much more,.. I wouldn't touch one with a 50ft pole myself, and would get a Xeon, but that wasn't the thing in question.

Ah, alright, I misinterpreted. My mistake.

Its an old factory overcloked AMD CPU, dont expect wonders from it, its only good for production work if you cant afford i7.

4 "core" 8 "module" (because they share the same floating point and cache) is the 8XXX and 9XXX series from AMD I thought. The Xeon is a 4core with Hyperthreading (virtual 8 core). Or am I mistaken?

Your mixing the terms up, the FX 8*** and 9*** series have 4 modules (originally a standard CPU core) which have the ALU split in 2 to give the semblance of more cores (and AMD used to say only buy the Phenom II X4 if you can use alll of the cores otherwise buy the tri and dual core CPU). Intel Xeons however are straight up 4 core CPU with 2 threads (they aren't virtual cores, Linus did a good video explaining hyperthreading).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

my 9590 is kind of unstable sometime. i often downclock it to 4.6Ghz so i can maintain multidays of uptime.

i need a fresh OS install, but i'm waiting for win10.

it's a fine CPU, but it require attention and care, it has to be watercooled. period.

and it's performance is great, but i does bottle neck my gtx980s a slight bit i think. i'm hoping DX12 will be a game changer for 8core CPUs, but it's wishful thinking.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones.