I made a mistake...

mhdg

I built my pc. I went with the amd fx 6300. WTF WAS I THINKING?! Why did i go with amd. Now I can't go to intel as i have to replace motherboard and cpu, :( If I eventually get the money what intel cpu + motherboard would be good for gaming, video editing/rendering? Maximum price I will pay = )

£350 thanks!

:(

People seriously need to stop recommending AMD...

The FX-6300 is more than enough for your 750ti. It is not a bottleneck until you get up to 290s or 970's. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

I suggest you go to cpuboss.com

Never mind then.

CPU/GPUboos is quite biased and have horrible benchmarks and categories. Do not judge anything based on that website

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

I suggest you go to cpuboss.com

Never mind then.

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope.

Avoid GPU and CPU boss like the plague. They're extremely bias towards Intel and Nvidia. 

It will be fine with the 750 ti.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

You'll live. I've got an 8350 and it's been perfectly fine for me. Never experienced issues with it.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Ok thanks

But be aware, dual GPUs like the Titan Z or the R9 295x2 will be lower on the list because they're only testing one of the two (Not sure though)

:(

People seriously need to stop recommending AMD...

AMD tries to compensate with more cores for lower prices, which is great for specific tasks that get barely affected by IPC and need lots of cores, REALLY tight budget builds, or basic tasks (web browsing, mails etc.) (Do keep in mind that Intel can do all of these things as well, but more cores is expensive at their side)

But, did you notice that compensate is underlined? Because you need to keep the word into context. Compensate. An AMD CPU will almost never reign superior overall over an Intel CPU, even though it may be better bang for the buck. If you have the money, Intel is the way to go.

AMD is bad in general. But for specific tasks, they are more budget friendly!

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

AMD is bad in general. But for specific tasks, they are more budget friendly!

Since when is a $20 difference "budget friendly"?

CPUboss's i7-4790k water-cooled overclock is like 4.2 GHz. And to make it better, their air-cooled overclock is 4.8 GHz!

Must have been using a leafblower as the air-cooled fan and their pants as a reservoir.

A lot of people are saying its fine so i will keep it for a while, when i eventually have enough money i will probably upgrade the motherboard, gpu and cpu at the same time!

A lot of people are saying its fine so i will keep it for a while, when i eventually have enough money i will probably upgrade the motherboard, gpu and cpu at the same time!

Yeah it's probably fine to handle your 750 Ti, but any higher than that and I would make the switch to Intel.

Yeah it's probably fine to handle your 750 Ti, but any higher than that and I would make the switch to Intel.

Since when is a $20 difference "budget friendly"?

specific tasks that get barely affected by IPC and need lots of cores

800 dollar difference (AMD 8 core FX vs 8 core Intel i7)

REALLY tight budget builds

Here you may be right in some cases.

basic tasks (web browsing, mails etc.)

Older AMD APU's can be gotten for dirt cheap. Still, at max a 40 dollar difference, but when you do a build for a family member you'll prefer to keep the price low.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend AMD. If you look at my guide, I clearly show my disgust against the bad engineering of AMD when it comes to IPC, and thus IPS. But, they are the more budget friendly option in very specific places. They do still remain a bad general choice.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

Wha-what the fuck

A 5960X is certainly not necessary for basically any use case. It's a very premium product. The i7-4790k, even with only 4 physical cores and 8 logical cores, can still tie/win against the 8350 for rendering.

Wha-what the fuck

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113284

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117404

A 5960X is certainly not necessary for basically any use case. It's a very premium product. The i7-4790k, even with only 4 physical cores and 8 logical cores, can still tie/win against the 8350 for rendering.

Yes. It probably will. But rendering we are talking about something that barely benefits from IPC, but needs as much cores as possible and rendering still does that. If something doesn't gain anything from IPC, an AMD will be a way better budget choice. But again, if you have the money, go with Intel. It's just that it's a gigantic price difference in the 8 core market.

Basic guide to CPU's!